You can type here any text you want

85 gn turbo upgrade & questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

brock dowers

85 GN
i have a 85 GN that i bought a little over a year ago and i would like to know more about it.I want to know what would be a better turbo upgrade(from the stock one) without replacing many parts? What are sum bolt on parts i can buy to give it more HP and performance?

Upgrade to an 86-87 computer and get a turbo tweek chip first off. There's only one turbo you can upgrade to right now so you're limited on that. Port the heads and you can get a bigger cam.

better up pipe
better down pipe
ported intake to include turbo to intake adapter
TA-33 is the hot turbo now, right?
like Charlie said, 87 ECM and Turbotweak chip

call brian @ gbody parts. you can get a turbo from him as well as a downpipe and the items needed for the 87 ecm conversion. he will also have a few other things coming in the next several months but call him and he will set you up

i have a 85 GN that i bought a little over a year ago and i would like to know more about it.I want to know what would be a better turbo upgrade(from the stock one) without replacing many parts? What are sum bolt on parts i can buy to give it more HP and performance?

All the advice listed by other members here is very good!

However ;), I am going to say that you should get some good tuning tools (PL, WB, EGT, etc) if you don’t yet have any, the alky injection +TT chip/ECM before you get any bigger turbo. These mods are EASILY reversible and will net an easy 50HP on a good running car.

Of course, I am “Ass-U-Ming” the cars runs fine without KR right now.

If that does not satisfy your thirst for HP, do the other mods listed above.

Tune Tune Tune.

Make sure all of your numbers are right where they need to be! You can find out what they shud be elsewhere on this site.

Easy and fairly cheap upgrade is to the fuel system..."hotwire kit" for fuel pump (which gives it 12v AT THE PUMP and also an upgraded fuel pump...whatever they are calling the Walbro 340 now...GS something...someone chime in and help me here...brainfart.

Lots to do but just dont get sucked into buyin bolt ons and not tuning.

Set a reasonable goal for your car and work towards it.

Tune Tune Tune.
Lots to do but just dont get sucked into buyin bolt ons and not tuning.
Set a reasonable goal for your car and work towards it.

HOTSIX,
Welcome back from the "dead". :cool:

I don't have a car yet, but I'd love to learn the "to-do" mods on the hot-air cars, since they are cheaper than the intercooled cars. And they are kinda cool...in a "hot" kinda way. LoL

Back