85 HA Alky kit done. Results?

you sure like the dyno don't you... Air temp sensor can be bypassed in the chip. if you want to run one wire it up. you can get the kit to do it at CASPER'S ELECTRONICS - Quality Automotive Parts and Accessories - Specializing in automotive interconnect and wiring systems

Not as much as it sounds. They are testing it for free. I agree its only paperwork ...not results..... Hopefully I will be posting a New England Dragway (NED) time slip soon.

I am picking up my 5 gallons of Methanol today, In Norwood.

If the care is being dyno tuned by the correct people it's really a great way to tune the car and get it dialed in under safer conditions.

Can you explain this? Trying to understand the issue.
The car is running WAY to rich even without the Alky. It was shutting it down due to bad H2o sensor. Now thats cleared up but its getting to much fuel. Not sure why yet. I have stock injectors,and fuel system. It might be in the TT chip programing. We are checking on that. I did not have these issues with 85 ECM. Nave not got car ready to tune but we will get there.

My post was supposed to read car, it's great way to tune your car. Hope you get it figured out.

I don't know... I wouldn't wrap my head around HP #'s ... Lets get the car running right and get a good tune on it and lets see some 12's..

Hell my HOTAIR Runs 10's.. its never seen a dyno and i have no idea what kind of HP it makes. Also it doesn't really matter.. it turns good #'s
Didn't know you car actually ran a ten yet, looked everywhere I dont' see the time slip.

Didn't know you car actually ran a ten yet, looked everywhere I dont' see the time slip.

I don't want to jack someones thread however, I'm currently in the R&D and testing mode.... No need to post my time slips here at the moment... In time i will share. For now i will continue to test.... :D

It is a TT Alky chip. No time spent on it today. Hopefully Friday it will get figured out. Could be the chip or translator having an issue. Runs and idles great. Seems to be Only a WOT issue.

whats your maf read at wot?

The O2 on scanmaster reads 769 (Alky off)when it bogs down. It feels like the car shuts off and stays like that all the way if you keep it floored (it would roll to a stop). It will pick right back up if you take your foot off the gas for a second. I just drove the car 4 hours runs great if you don't floor it.

The O2 on scanmaster reads 769 (Alky off)when it bogs down. It feels like the car shuts off and stays like that all the way if you keep it floored (it would roll to a stop). It will pick right back up if you take your foot off the gas for a second. I just drove the car 4 hours runs great if you don't floor it.

What does the Scanmaster read at WOT on setting AF? That is the question Usetaboost is asking. Brad

What does the Scanmaster read at WOT on setting AF? That is the question Usetaboost is asking. Brad

When it bogs down it jump the AF reading jumps up to 255. So its getting to much fuel? What can I do to adjust this? (alky kit is still off).

I bought my upgraded ECM from a junk yard. It is correct ECM for 87 Gn not sure about the chip that was in it. I was reluctant to try this but I just took out the TT custom chip and put in original chip. Car runs ok no bog. Could there be an issue with my TT chip? Is there something else I can look for.

I was only getting 10 pounds of boost. That is ok for now I will mess with that after the car runs better.

Put back the tt chip,make sure is set properly and check the voltage that's coming out off the alternator should be 14.I had a low voltage problem and my tt chip was not working right one time.It's not the chip.

Put back the tt chip,make sure is set properly and check the voltage that's coming out off the alternator should be 14.I had a low voltage problem and my tt chip was not working right one time.It's not the chip.

The car reads steady 13.4 to 13.9 volts. So no low voltage issue. Thanks it was worth looking at.

Unless defective, the O2's are not even close in the "bog down" area/range.
Could be a weak ignition system/misfire, TPS problem, MAF problem, etc.

If you are not seeing any KR, are you sure the system is working correctly?

When it bogs down it jump the AF reading jumps up to 255. So its getting to much fuel? What can I do to adjust this? (alky kit is still off).

It's possible the car is not making enough power to use up the amount of fuel programmed into the chip. I would first look at the WOT fuel adjustment to make sure it's at 128 (the default). If it is, then try reducing it 3-4 numbers at a time, to see if the bog clears up.

Regards,
Eric