85 HA Alky kit done. Results?

It's possible the car is not making enough power to use up the amount of fuel programmed into the chip. I would first look at the WOT fuel adjustment to make sure it's at 128 (the default). If it is, then try reducing it 3-4 numbers at a time, to see if the bog clears up.

Regards,
Eric

Eric,
That helped out ALOT!! I dropped the fuel down. Bog is gone with out Alky. Big help. Thank you!!! now I will get the boost adjusted and try and tune it in. Thanks for your help. And it is very easy to do great directions with the chip!
Jim

Dumb question here.....are you still running the stock catalytic converter on the car??? Sounds like you're all plugged up and can't get the boost up high enough for the fuel to be right... ---Keith

Dumb question here.....are you still running the stock catalytic converter on the car??? Sounds like you're all plugged up and can't get the boost up high enough for the fuel to be right... ---Keith

Keith, That is my next move. I am putting headers on and see whats going on in the exhaust. No cat but a bad bend at bottom of motor might be an issue. It will be updated soon.

Here is where the car is at. no more bog, runs faster than before. It does bog on Alky. I turned the fuel way down though chip. I will re tune after exhaust is done. I got boost up to 16 lbs for a short burst then drops down to about 12-13.

My TPS has an issue. when I get the .42 for idle I can't get the 4.40 for WOT. only can get 4.00. I have 3 TPS (all used) and the same with all of them . Any ideas?

Thanks everyone for all your help. The car is getting close. And to think I was ready to swap this over to IC car.

My TPS has an issue. when I get the .42 for idle I can't get the 4.40 for WOT. only can get 4.00. I have 3 TPS (all used) and the same with all of them . Any ideas?

A couple of TPS tips. First, remove floor mat. Second-Some cars require a simple modification to the TPS sensor in order raise the sensor in order to get 4.5 or higher at WOT. Remove some of the plastic at the bottom of each grove on the TPS sensor so that the TPS can be raised therby getting > 4.5 volts at WOT. My car required this. Other have not but it does work. Brad

A couple of TPS tips. First, remove floor mat. Second-Some cars require a simple modification to the TPS sensor in order raise the sensor in order to get 4.5 or higher at WOT. Remove some of the plastic at the bottom of each grove on the TPS sensor so that the TPS can be raised therby getting > 4.5 volts at WOT. My car required this. Other have not but it does work. Brad

Brad, Funny the mat was in the way, I did move it before my post. I think the plastic mod should work out nice for me.

Still having an issue. I replaced down pipe to 3" and ran the 3" pipe to where it splits in to two. This helped the turbo build up boost much faster and higher. I added hot wire kit and walbro pump. At full throttle from a stop its great! If I am cruising and floor it it starts to go nice and bogs down very hard. It stays like that until you lift off gas for a second. If I leave it floored the car will stall. If I down shift manually to keep rpms high runs good. I fixed all hard issues I can think of. What am I missing? I have scan master but no power loger that will be soon I think.

what's your maf doing when this happens?

It goes to 255 fast. It stays at that Number even in the bog when it's not burning fuel anymore. What should I set dip sw in translator at? Any other ideas I can try? I stil have stock injectors I did swap out to new fuel regulator when I did pump and hot wire, I used the accufab boost compensated one they recommend for tb.

It's possible it could be hitting 255 too quickly and bringing in too much fuel. You can make it hit 255 later by decreasing the WOT knob in the Translator box.
Eric

It's possible it could be hitting 255 too quickly and bringing in too much fuel. You can make it hit 255 later by decreasing the WOT knob in the Translator box.
Eric

Great advise (again). WOT was set on 9 (+12%) I worked it back to D (-6%) and its gone. Not sure that is where it should be. It has rained all day and I can't test much yet. I am glad I know where to try and tweek it from. I will be ordering a powerlogger from you soon to really figure out this car. Over all its going much better. My next big issue is tracktion. I like that problem. When I started it tracktion was NO issue at all. The car has really started to wake up.

Great advise (again). WOT was set on 9 (+12%) I worked it back to D (-6%) and its gone. Not sure that is where it should be. It has rained all day and I can't test much yet. I am glad I know where to try and tweek it from. I will be ordering a powerlogger from you soon to really figure out this car. Over all its going much better. My next big issue is tracktion. I like that problem. When I started it tracktion was NO issue at all. The car has really started to wake up.

sweet.l had no idea you could do that with the translator

i can check my translator tomorrow and let u know

That would be great! Also where is your Alky knob set to? What are your 2dials on PAC control for Alky set to? And did you change blm on TT chip? I know my will be a bit different. It would be great to have a starting point. so many variables and I touched them all. I need to start over. Thanks!

Your trans switches should be on, and the rest are off. Your maf selector switch should be set to lt1 which I think is 3. I would make all other adjustments through the chip and not the translator.

Your trans switches should be on, and the rest are off. Your maf selector switch should be set to lt1 which I think is 3. I would make all other adjustments through the chip and not the translator.

Thanks that helped. Not sure why I chose to start with trying to adjust from translator. It is running great at full pedal . I get lots of knock at 1/2 to 3/4 petal. When I bring it up slow. I turned Alky up and down does not seem to help. If I add more fuel from TT chip I am thinking it will bog. Can to much fuel cause a knock?

Thanks

. . . Can to much fuel cause a knock? . . . . .

Yes. Check ALL your ground connections, and make **** sure they are clean/tight.
A recording scantool will flatten the learning curve to get on top of this.
TT has them in stock! :cool:

Edit:
Below is “ass-U-Ming” everything is in working order. (FP, O2, MAF, TPS, etc)
1- Be sure the PAC is on the factory setting, single nozzle, M15.
2- Turn the boost down to about 9-10, set PAC dial to 6.
3- Make a run and see if that takes care of the part throttle issue.
4- If it is “bogging” as stated, AND no KR, turn the alky down to 5. Did it clean up? If “yes”, set PAC to 6, and pull fuel out of the chip.
5- If no, go back to step 4, but lower the alky and WATCH FOR KR.