You can type here any text you want

85 Hot Air roller conversion to -86/87 set up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
I’ve used the search feature and really have not found what I’m looking for.. The wife totaled her 86 Ttype back in Aug and I’m looking to install the complete drive train in an 85 roller. Is there a detail write up any where that speaks to this total conversion? Wiring harness, dash wiring, fuel lines, brakes, etc, etc, etc????

I’ve used the search feature and really have not found what I’m looking for.. The wife totaled her 86 Ttype back in Aug and I’m looking to install the complete drive train in an 85 roller. Is there a detail write up any where that speaks to this total conversion? Wiring -harness, dash wiring, fuel lines, brakes, etc, etc, etc????

Search for "conversion" there is a few good threads on it.

-Dash wiring is the same
-Some people put the fuel filter above the tank and use high pressure hose and fittings.
-Some people (myself included) put the filter up front where it was on the hot air engine, there is enough flex in the ose to do it with the use of an adapter.
-I'm knee deep in the Hydroboost conversion right now.
-Engine assembly and wiring harness aside; The throttle cables are different, TV cable, heater core, firewall lid, fuel pump wiring is different, radiator, exhaust hanger,

Here is a good drawing for the Hydroboost a member helped me out with:

Hydroboost202.jpg

Here is a good pic of the fuel filter a member helped me out with:

motor_0416.jpg

Back