You can type here any text you want

86/87 Turbo on HA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RegalT-type85

Has anybody done this? I believe, I heard something along these lines. I found a 86 turbo(bit bigger wheel then HA or stock 86) for about 100bucks with 5k on it. Could i just use the intake adaptor or how could one go about putting this on a HA? I know reclocking might be in order but that is easy to do.

As you already pointed out, it'll need to be reclocked. Also you'll need a carbon seal to keep the oil from being sucked out. Jamie sells (or sold) and adapter for mounting the throttle body and you'll need to cut and weld the turbo to intake adapter to the compressor outlet.

That's what I did on my TA-49. I assume that it's the same for a stock 86/87 turbo. I'm not sure there's going to be much of a gain if it's truly a stock intercooled turbo.

86//87 turbos don't or wouldn't give me much CFM gain then the stock HAs? whats the ratiing on the 86 turbos anyway?

86//87 turbos don't or wouldn't give me much CFM gain then the stock HAs? whats the ratiing on the 86 turbos anyway?

there actually alot of gain in terms of flow.

the stock HA turbo is rated to about 350 cfm.

while the stock 86/87 turbo is rated at about 650 cfm.

which is a difference that equates to about a 35* change in discharge temps. which is still alot of power to be gained on a stock HA.

I do carry covers with the adapters welded on already in sizes from stock 86/87 to TA61.

prices depend on the wheel size wanted.

A.j.

there actually alot of gain in terms of flow.

the stock HA turbo is rated to about 350 cfm.

while the stock 86/87 turbo is rated at about 650 cfm.

which is a difference that equates to about a 35* change in discharge temps. which is still alot of power to be gained on a stock HA.

I do carry covers with the adapters welded on already in sizes from stock 86/87 to TA61.

prices depend on the wheel size wanted.

A.j.

So if i buy that 86 turbo i can also buy a housing off you to fit right in? I knew the Cfm on the 86 had to be better, 650cfm is 50 less then the TA33 but still gain:cool: How much for just stock turbo wheel housing?

So if i buy that 86 turbo i can also buy a housing off you to fit right in? I knew the Cfm on the 86 had to be better, 650cfm is 50 less then the TA33 but still gain:cool: How much for just stock turbo wheel housing?

yes these housings fit right in.

in actuality, the TA33 is rated much closer to 750-800 cfm. its major point to shine is the turbine wheel. as this unloads alot of the back pressure associated with the stock 84-87 turbine side.

just the stock wheel size housings are 85$ bucks.

basicly just add 250$ to the 85$ for any other size.

A.j.

damn that's some good CFM rating for the TA33, but would 100$ for the 300 cfm gain would be good bang for buck? Would i be needing to upgrade my injectors? I know TA33 most have to upgrade,might get away with alky/meth.

Back