86 Century V6,ECM should be Turbo Regal ???

turbojack

Hey Guys---Just bought a parts car,86 Century Limited w/a sfi V6,The Turbo Regal Web Site,Tech Area says the ECM out of the 86 Century V6 SFI is a 1227148 (Turbo regal,86/87) . Its not a 1227148 ECM,Its a 1715884 ECM.What gives ??? Will this one work ??? Anybody have any answers on this,sure would be helpful.-----Jack

its all hit and miss

i dont know how the different ecms all worked for the same cars, but they did.

you really have to just go look through every single car and find out.. i have three and i found one in an f-body, one in a 86 park avenue, and one in a gutted out 84 T

Yeah, I've been thru alot of 86 buick\olds cars with the 3.8 sfi engine in the junkyard and have yet to find the right computer. Thought it was just me :p

Originally posted by turbojack
Hey Guys---Just bought a parts car,86 Century Limited w/a sfi V6.......
Sure hope you didnt buy a parts car just for the ECM :( :rolleyes:

Ive got a few of them, just need to go hunting through the junkyards. Unless theres alot of TR guys around scooping them up, you'll find one. No one other than us pays them any attention :) .

Ive got a few of them, just need to go hunting through the junkyards. Unless theres alot of TR guys around scooping them up, you'll find one.
Guess I know why I haven't been able to find one :p

:D :D :D

Its been quite a while since I looked for em'........ no, really :rolleyes: .

You try Speedway, down the street from Gateway International? Theyve got a pretty large section of GM front wheel drive.
Also, between Riverside, U-Wrench-It, and Taylor's on this side of the river (in St. Louis) theres got to be some. I dont know how many large junkyards other cities usually have, but I always thought we were pretty lucky. There are a bunch of other salvage yards around too. Not all self-serve though. Good luck.

1227148 ECM, Park Avenue

I found a yard around here that has a shelf full of ECMs`,he pulls them out before the car goes to crusher,he has a 1227148 out of a Park Avenue,I think I`ll take a drive out there and pay his $30 for it,I`m tired of looking-----

I have an 85 GN and was going to convert to 87 ECM so I just bought a 1227148 ECM.....I this the wrong ECM? I followed the instruction on the gnttype.org website??? What gives

Harry

Originally posted by x4fort2
I have an 85 GN and was going to convert to 87 ECM so I just bought a 1227148 ECM.....I this the wrong ECM? I followed the instruction on the gnttype.org website??? What gives
Harry

That's the correct ECM. 1227148 :D

I'm new to this game

I'm new to this but are you saying that these other cars have ECMs that would upgrade an 84-85 to an '86-87 ECMs ?
Sorry if it's a stupid question.
Guy