86 Regal T

Al-

When you did your belt tensioner, how did you disassemble it for the PCing ( or did you?? ) Im getting ready to start on the my accessories for the new motor but this one had me a bit worried and I don't want it to look out of place. TIA for any help you may be able to offer.

Josh

Al-

When you did your belt tensioner, how did you disassemble it for the PCing ( or did you?? ) Im getting ready to start on the my accessories for the new motor but this one had me a bit worried and I don't want it to look out of place. TIA for any help you may be able to offer.

Josh

I didn't. I just got it as clean as possible and skipped the prebake to get rid of oil.

cool, did you powder the pulley one color and the actual tensioner another or all the same color? any tips/tricks I should be aware of? how about the powersteering pump? did you powder it? Im just looking for a bit of experience being these pulleys/brackets were SOOOOOO darn expensive to buy for my build...

thanks again!

cool, did you powder the pulley one color and the actual tensioner another or all the same color? any tips/tricks I should be aware of? how about the powersteering pump? did you powder it? Im just looking for a bit of experience being these pulleys/brackets were SOOOOOO darn expensive to buy for my build...

thanks again!

The PS pump I didn't do.

I did remove the pulley from the tensioner. FWIW I have the RJC Razor pulleys. I used a gloss clear on them and a satin clear on the Bare metal engine parts. On the Idler pulley I just used gloss clear urethane since I was too lazy to press the bearing out of it.

Here's the water pump pulley in Gloss clear powder

IMG_8394.jpg

idler pulley? which one is that? im a bit dumb about this setup since im converting over to my 455, any way you can show me a pic so I can confirm I even have one? I wont need the water pump pulley - im going with a meziere electric :) but yours looks really nice! i might of candied it since it was already polished but to each their own :)

idler pulley? which one is that? im a bit dumb about this setup since im converting over to my 455, any way you can show me a pic so I can confirm I even have one? I wont need the water pump pulley - im going with a meziere electric :) but yours looks really nice! i might of candied it since it was already polished but to each their own :)

It goes on the tensioner. Don't have a pic.

gotcha! ive got it then but what your saying is when i remove the pulley for the tensioner itself then there is a bearing that allows the pulley to spin freely on the tensioner and it needs to be pressed out, then coated, then pressed back in correct?

gotcha! ive got it then but what your saying is when i remove the pulley for the tensioner itself then there is a bearing that allows the pulley to spin freely on the tensioner and it needs to be pressed out, then coated, then pressed back in correct?

No it's on the tensioner pulley.

Got to hand it to John Spina. He made hooking up the ISAC a breeze. I was able to break out the RPM, TPS, wastegate, ground and If I hadn't chickened out 12 volt switched power.

IMG00207.jpg

I borrowed Gary's bending brake to make a bracket to mount the ISAC controller on the drivers side next to the console. It's 2 4X4 angles welded together and folded over. Mounts to a bracket that holds the underdash padding in place

regalrebuild_20100528_008.jpg

ISAC mounted

regalrebuild_20100528_006.jpg

regalrebuild_20100528_005.jpg

Oil Pan got a coat of satin black powder

regalrebuild_20100529_003.jpg

Still have to modify it some Al. That's why Ronnie didn't get it. Got some info on how to make it a little more effecent and I haven't had time to do it yet. I'll post it when I do it in the fab section to give some of the guys and idea. Really simple but it does require welding some.

The front cover, oil pump cover, oil filter adapter got stripped down cleaned up and covered eastwood's bare metal clear powder. We'll see if the water pump seals and bearings survived the cure. If not water pumps are cheap.

regalrebuild_20100531_001.jpg

regalrebuild_20100531_002.jpg

regalrebuild_20100531_007.jpg

More of the front cover assembly.

Everything here is powder except the timing pointer (plastic)

regalrebuild_20100531_018.jpg

regalrebuild_20100531_015.jpg

regalrebuild_20100531_013.jpg

Bump,

I was going through some old photo's at my mom's and found this. Since it doesn't have a tag yet I can assume that these were made the weekend I picked her up.

001.jpg

002.jpg

I wished I had made more.

Got the engine back from the shop last week. Starting the slow process of putting it back together

IMG_9376.jpg

Intake and heads on.

IMG_9398.jpg

I drilled and tapped the oil block so I could mount the factory sender on one side and my gauge sender on the other