86 Regal T

Looking good Al. How much longer til she's back together and running?

I'm shooting for Next weekend. We'll see. There have been some setbacks.

1) With all of those nice stainless steel fasteners I absolutely couldn't in good conscious put those old fuel lines back on the block. new Stainless ones coming from Brian today

2) I broke the lock ring off of the Knock sensor putting it on. (Original knock sensor) and the ones the auto parts stores sell here must be made out of gold or something. Got a new Delco coming from Brian

3) It's impossible to put the drainback line back on with the front cover on. Got a new one coming.

Other than that things are progressing. I finally fixed that broken valve cover bolt once and for all. Broke it back in the 90's. Helicoilled it some years ago and the insert kept pulling out. someone finally told me to put in with red locktite and it stayed.

And I'm trying to fashion a new cable tray for the alt feed (and my alky line) You'd think that buick would have used a plastic on those that would stand up to oil exposure.

Ready to drop in Sat

IMG_9434.jpg

IMG_9436.jpg

I have been on his arse about that Philly.......:biggrin:

lol Come on Alan listen to the voice of reason! :p Just think it can all look like this!

5426417608_be47b366f5_b.jpg

You have my address :cool: Pack it all up nuts and bolts and when I send it back it will look like that picture! :biggrin:

They aren't rusty. (well the bolts are, I'll get those). It's the TA stainless set and they've just discolored like stainless gets. I actually polished them up with a little steel wool while they were off.

See I went through this and didn't see a ceramic color I really liked. I've done the ceramichrome before and on a set of stockers and it discolored and I'm pretty sure it's got enough black on it.

I decided I'd rather have that stainless color than coated.

My company paid bonuses this year. I've got a little stock appearing surprise on order:tongue:

I know why it won't start..............There is a loose nut behind the wheel...:biggrin:

I know why it won't start..............There is a loose nut behind the wheel...:biggrin:

Are you calling my wife a loose nut, cause she was turning it over while I looked at the spark tester.

So I guess it's time to update this again.

Dropped the new motor in, it ran for 30 minutes. Then the 2 month no start diagnosis began. So it turns out I forgot to blow the blasting grit out of the EGR passages and it ate itself. So rebuild #2 came back in June. It was built better though. 30 over diamond pistons, new stock crank, new front cover, Arp stud .......

This time the initial fireup and drive was without drama or a tow back to the house.

Sorted out a few things started making a few pulls and hits around the neighborhood and the wideband crapped out. Replaced that with a new PLX.

TCC lockup solenoid failed, replaced that.

Made the first track passes in Sept cause work got in the way and it ran 8.1 @ 85 kind of disapointing I couldn't get the boost above 11 psi.

I stopped because I was dug further into the logs and found the fuel pressure wouldn't rise with boost.

plscreenshot.jpg

So I replaced the pump, sender and hot wire kit. Turns out it was the FPR.

It's been a long strange trip.

All i have to do now is figure out why the ISAC think the boost is higher than the gauge and PL.

But 8.1 on 11 PSI ain't half bad

Looks to me like it is increasing fuel pressure with boost. 40# static fp plus 11# of boost = 51# of fp and that is about what your power logger is recording.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick