86 T-Type with ALKY and lots of mods 4 sale!

The Professor

Experienced T-R Lover
Buick Power 6 002 enlarged.jpg
View attachment 236709
Buick weight 3180lbs..jpg
43630331.JPG
43630332.JPG
View attachment 236241 View attachment 236241 View attachment 236241 View attachment 236172 View attachment 236173 View attachment 236172 View attachment 236173 View attachment 236173 View attachment 236173
43630109.JPG
Hello, Turbo Buick lovers! Greetings from BEAUTIFUL North Carolina!

I have decided to sell my 86 T-type with LOTS OF MODS including metanol alcohol injection, Champion racing heads, lightweight forged aluminum racing pistons, biggie Cottons Performance front mounted intercooler, and CK Performance racing transmission - just to name a few! I'm asking EXACTLY $15K priced for what will hopefully be a quick and easy sale, and NO THE PRICE IS NOT NEGOTIABLE. This is a hardtop car - no T-tops or moonroof for extra structural integrity. It was stripped & repainted by a VERY competent shop in 2005). 23K miles on the rebuilt engine & trans. Car weighs just 3180 lbs (minus the driver) and is located near Winston-Salem, NC. Beautiful burgundy bucket seat interior with floor shifter console in IMMACULATE CONDITION, fiberglass front & rear bumpers & bumper fillers. Body and hood is still all metal and can be lightened up even more with fiberglass fenders & hood, LOL! I have sales receipts for the beautiful paint job & prep, CK tranny, TE45 turbo, Cottons biggie intercooler, MAF translator & LT MAF sensor, Eaton HD posi unit, Razor alky unit, scanmaster, powerlogger, Turbo-Tweak chip, RJC lightweight aluminum pulleys, Tin-Man 4" cool air intake system, cast iron brake drums with Chevy S-10 brake cylinders & soft compound brake shoes, and other stuff. I think I also still have an original 3-pc GN spoiler kit laying around here somewhere in perfect condition, but I will have to look for it. I still have all 4 of the original turbine wheels & center caps which are in storage and in exc cond. Has an 87 GN grill on it which allows a lot more air flow to the biggie front mounted intercooler cuz the ribs are thinner & spaced much further apart than the 86 grill. Has a trans cooler that is almost as big as the radiator with all braided lines to and fro, and an oil filter relocation kit also with braided lines. All new poly body bushings (including the optional radiator support bushings & extra set of GNX bushings) and poly trans mount & HR motor mounts. Has a CK Performance tranny with trans brake, and the front view of it can be seen here on their "customers cars" page (mine is the 3rd pic down from the top of the web page - the biggie intercooler necks and air filter can be seen protruding below the front bumper) >>>

http://ckperformance.com/cars.html (3rd pic down from the top)

I will add a list of mods as I get more time - please be patient with me!
43630279.JPG

43630298.JPG
43630296.JPG
43630308.JPG
43630273.JPG

Last edited:
1st pic taken on Richards Dyno, looks like Pat checking it over :)
GLWS bump

Beautiful car! Is that the original color combo?
The interior is the original color. The exterior was originally dark metallic red (looked more like maroon to me), but was stripped & repainted about 10 years ago and is now a really REALLY dark purple metal flake. It looks BLACK unless the sun is shining on it at just the right angle.

Hold that price. Such a good deal right here. Just by looking at the high quality pictures, this thing is mint. You could eat off that engine. GLWS

I like it. Good luck and I wish you a quick sale. Don't forget to try Ebay for the exposure.

I'm sorry, these comments were completely inappropriate. Must have been my sense of humor rearing its ugly head again. I'M SORRY! Just trying to get the nice folks on this website to take a closer look at my car now that I have reduced the price to $15K FIRM.
I ALMOST FORGOT TO GIVE A VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO RICHARD CLARK FOR ALLOWING ME TO PUT MY CAR ON HIS DYNO ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO AND GET MY CAR RUNNING REALLY GOOD! THANK YOU RICHARD - YOU ARE ONE OF THE NICEST AND GENEROUS MEN I HAVE EVER MET! IT IS A REAL PLEASURE TO KNOW YOU! YOU HAVE DONE SO MUCH TO HELP THE TURBO BUICK COMMUNITY! THANK YOU VERY MUCH, THANK YOU!

I like it. Good luck and I wish you a quick sale. Don't forget to try Ebay for the exposure.
Thank you for the nice feedback. I also have it posted on the Winston-Salem, North Carolina Craigslist site and also racingjunk.com

So how much power did it make on the Dyno ??
very nice car
Thanks! It was on the dyno about 4 years ago, and I'm still searching for the printouts. I'm fairly certain that I have them around here somewhere! It is currently incapable of doing giant wheelstanders like the pic in your avatar on 93 octane pump gas - at least NOT YET! I can only dream of owning a turbo Buick as quick as yours! NICE!