87 Buick Grand National for sale in MI

Snidley

1987 Buick Grand National - 63,000 Miles

2nd owner. Carfax available upon request - clean! Partial frame off restoration. Everything new at 52000 miles, restoration fresh in 2000. Won the Woodward Dream Cruise Show at the Fairgrounds as best of class 1970 & up muscle car and Judges Choice awards. 2007 Slone Car Show in Flint MI TOP 75 out of 500 cars.

Professionally Rebuild Engine: 3.8L LC2 Block
Stock Rods-(Reconditioned)
Stock Pistons-(Reconditioned)
Stock Crank .010 under
Block Decked and Cylinders Honed
Line Bore for Girdle

Modifications Include:
RJC Girdle W/ ARP Studs
Melling High Volume Oil Pump
Braided S.S. Oils Lines W/ AN Fittings
B&M Oil Cooler
New Oil Pan

Heads:
Special R&D Factory heads W/O EGR Ports
ARP Studs
Ported and Polished
Stock Valves & Seats
New Seals
Cometic Stacked Steel Shim Gaskets
Valves Reconditioned W/ Three Angles
Champion Roller Valve Covers

Valve Train:
T&D Roller Rockers Arms 155 Degree Lift
Comp Cams Roller Lifters
Comp Cam Roller Cam Shaft 206/206
Double Roller Timing Gear & Chain

Fuel System:
Stock Lines
Applied Technologies Dual Pump RP354-6P
#60 Mototron Injectors
Billet Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Stock Fuel Rails

Intake & Throttle Body:
Stock Ported & Polished
Port Matched to Heads
S.S. Bolts
3” Coated MAF Pipe
MAP Converted (NO MAF)

Ignition:
Stock Coil Pack
Magnacore 8MM Wires
Stock Plugs

Exhaust:
Terry Houston S.S. 3” Downpipe W/ Dump
FJO Wideband O2 AFR Sensor & Gauge
Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller
Turbonetics Evolution Waste Gate
Hooker Duel Exhaust & Chambered Mufflers Jet Hot Coated
Stock Headers Ported and Coated W/ S.S. Bolts
Precision PT 61 Turbo Extreme Heat Coated
Mease Powder Coated Stretch Intercooler W Aluminum Scoop

Transmission:
Stock 200 R4 Rebuilt
Art Carr Shift Kit
Art Carr 9” Converter 3200 Stahl

Chassis:
Stock Rebuilt
Boxed Rear upper & Lower Control Arms
Stock Gear
PST Urethane Graphite Bushings
Painted

Body:
Custom SUPER Straight Paint PPG Paint & Concept Clear Coat Color Sanded Show Quality

Photos: I'm working on a page on cardomain.com right now. Will post that link later today, 10-9-07.

Asking Price: $32,500. Serious inquiries only please.
Copy of appraisal available; appraised at $40,000.
All questions welcomed. I am notified immediately of responses through this forum. Thanks for your interest.

Originally Posted by flipmo
Hi Snidley and how are you? What is your lowest "all cash price"? I have $20K cash to possibly throw at your car.

Thanks

flip

Flip,

I appeciate the offer but sorry to say that wont come close considering the quality of this restoration and performance parts. This is a must see to appreciate.

I know that many car enthusists feel as if there car is worth more than the average because of thier personal attachment. This is not the case with me. I watch the market and I know what it would take to do one of this quality in time, effort and money and priced it accordingly.

This car is done for $32,000! Its show and go in one package. A nice stocker is going for $12,000 - $15,000 checked paint and all. The question is: What would it cost to build one like this?????

Starter car no rust. $8,000.00
Show paint job. $10,000.00
Motor & Drive Train $10,000
Final Tally $28,000
For $4,000.00 more drive and enjoy.

This is a 10:90 car on slicks, C-16, 20+ PSI and tuned. I am willing to negotiate but I cant give it away.

Thanks for you interest!

No offense but how many people do you know that get back what they put into a modified car? You would have a better change putting it back to original and your money back. Good luck with the sale and if you get your price I have a highly modded 69 Camaro that I would like to get my money out of if you could sell it for me.;)

No offense but how many people do you know that get back what they put into a modified car? You would have a better change putting it back to original and your money back. Good luck with the sale and if you get your price I have a highly modded 69 Camaro that I would like to get my money out of if you could sell it for me.;)

This is too funny and since I have been implicated, I will speak up. Yes, I sent Snidley an offer that I, personally, thought was reasonable and was willing to pay for the car. I can't knock people for trying to get out of their car what they put in. Out of all of my GNs and T-Types over the years, I have never been able to recoup what I spent. Anyone???????

Snidley, if you reconsider, please let me know. Otherwise, I'm still on the hunt.

flip (Hey my PM was supposed to have been private - :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: )

I put the car on ebay today; auction with a buy now price of $29,000. See I'm a negotiable kind of guy. (Sorry about that Flipmo. I should have posted my general reply on the board and kept your PM private. My bad!......)

I know you all think he is crazy...but I have seen this car personally multiple times, and he is in the right ballpark for what it is, not what he has into it. He is being fairly brief about the manhours involved in this car and the level of perfection it is restored to. I am a G-Body guy, look at the paint work and bodywork, the car looks chrome its so straight.

If you don't think its worth what he is asking, great, but this is one of the best GN's I have ever seen. Being he and I are both from the Flint area.....we have seen more GN/GNX/Turbo T/T-Types/MCSS/HO's & 442's than most.

Let him get what the market will bare, you all reap the benefit as the price of these cars escalate. :cool:

g/l on sale, there is a buyer for every car at every price. I hope you get what you want, I did sell a 00037 mile plastic wrapped 87 GN for $32,000 last year. I may have gone too cheap.

True Beauty dosn't come cheap.

I know you all think he is crazy...but I have seen this car personally multiple times, and he is in the right ballpark for what it is, not what he has into it. He is being fairly brief about the manhours involved in this car and the level of perfection it is restored to. I am a G-Body guy, look at the paint work and bodywork, the car looks chrome its so straight.

If you don't think its worth what he is asking, great, but this is one of the best GN's I have ever seen. Being he and I are both from the Flint area.....we have seen more GN/GNX/Turbo T/T-Types/MCSS/HO's & 442's than most.

Let him get what the market will bare, you all reap the benefit as the price of these cars escalate. :cool:

Thanks for chiming in Doug. Obviously there is a critic in every group and the ones that say the most know the least. I dont know about you but I never criticize anything unless I am asked or have a basis of comparison. If I cant say I have ever seen it, how can I put a value on it? As you said, being from BUICK CITY we have seen alot of these cars and even the ones from the factory, bone stock, low miles look like crap. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder regardless of how blind one really is.

You know thats the problem with this site. Too many unexperienced critics that say a whole lot of nothing that ruin it for the ones seriously seeking GOOD advice from the seasoned and the best. I know thats why I hardly log on anymore. Too much crap to sift through in order to get to the cold hard facts. The pros dont even comment anymore because there time to too valuable than to sit and talk TRASH with a bunch of snot nose kids that are going to do it their way anyway.

When I posted this ad I thought that I was dealing with G-body enthusists that could appreciate quality and knew what it took to achieve it, but this site has turned into a bunch of backyard, shadetree mechanics looking for something for nothing. I never said I wasnt willing to negotiate but nobody ever asked. I get one low offer and because I decline, I am the one that WHACKED? Hasnt anyone ever heard that if you dont have anything positive dont say it at all? Most of these guys cant even spell!

This site isn't the KNOWLEDGE BASE that it use to be be, but it has become a gossip column and I'm not the only one that feels that way. I have engineer friends from BUICK CITY that designed the GN drivetrain and started the whole GN Revolution that think the content of this site has become childish and shallow and I whole heartedly agree.

Signed,

Disappointed Snidley

I may not know a lot about GN's yet, even though I loved them from the time they were first built but I do know a lot about building,buying and selling muscle cars. If you get what you're asking kudo's to you and like I said good luck with the sale. Like mentioned "there is a buyer for every car at every price" if the timing is right.
Maybe you're right we shouldn't have said anything and I'm sorry if I offended you by my comment but I'd still like you to sell my Camaro if you get what you're asking for the GN. J/K

dude, you are nuts. I don't know ANYBODY that wouldn't rather have a plastic wrapped 30 mile original car than yours. I would take the 20k offer and run. I'm sure it is a very very nice car, but it's just not worth what you are asking. Good luck.

Sir,

Since you think we are all know nothing back-yard retards, you will have a hard time understanding the fact that when you come to this site often it is easy to keep up with the current market for these cars.

There are a thousand cars just like yours for sale and guys are hard pressed to get even 20K.

If you don't like other peoples' opinions it's simple, don't post here.

You and your know it all friends from "Buick City" can over pay for stuff if it makes you feel better.

I'd keep talking but the snot is running down my nose and my Mommy has to wipe it.

MCASTEEL.....Your a winner. You know the car, and it is the baddest GN I have ever seen. The pics do the talking, if someone can show me a nicer one at this price I'd buy it. The devil is in the details. It's easy to get the major stuff done, but this car wins hands down in the detail.

Well while at the sloan fest this summer, my 61 was just down from his GN and I picked his brain for about 15 mins on the car and it convinced me to enter into the world of the T6 and I got one a few weeks later.

Now granted I got over 60k into the 61 and was offered 40k which i turned down..you always see 30k invested ..will sacrifice for 15...lol seems the only rides going way up are the Mopars... thanks Barret Jackson

Is it worth what he's asking?..i seen it up close and not a spot of dirt on it, will he get 30 for it? I cant answer that although I hope he comes close to his asking price cause Brad was real gratious to me asking him all kinds of dumb questions while at the show.

But i wouldnt come on here to dog anyone or their asking price and its tough when ya got alot of heart and soul into somthing and someone throws their 2cents in although just trying to be funny but realistic about the market.

Sometimes its better to just say damn dude sweet car and good luck with sale but 30k is outta my league, insted of holy crap batbreath you bump your head or what, and i can understand it would piss me off too but my Nana always said take the high road.

These boards are kinda like AA meetings, i show up, learn what i need and leave the rest.

When guy offered me the 40 for my 61 it wasnt even for sale and he went on and on about the market, i was just like hey nice to meet ya and if ya cough up 20 more on top of that 40 i might think about it, till then im stuck with it have a good day.

Did it chap my ass that he tried to lowball me when I had over 500 busted knuckles and 10 zillion hrs into labor? a little but hey i just smiled and didnt budge and thats all that mattered.

Mike

mcassteel,

Thanks for the reply. I remember your car but can say that I remember talking to you. So many people are enamored with the GN,s and have alot of questions when ever its shown, but I think that I gave you a card and told you to call me if you had questions correct? I didnt feel your questions were dumb, but that you were on a quest for information and respectful the fact that you don't act on ignorance alone to guide you way. My invitation stills stands. Call me if you have any questions or just need an extra hand.

P.S. I agree with you on the Barrett but two or three months ago I had seen a GN go across the block and the comment was made that these cars were the fasted production cars for the year and that within the next decade because of thier uniqueness be the next MOPAR and bring the money the Mopars are bringing now.