You can type here any text you want

87 gn feeler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fleebag

i put on ebay and only able to raise 7700, which i have more in motor alone. my job is getting weird and thinking of selling.

below is from my ebay ad. let me know if anyone wants to make offer,

IT IS AN 87 GRAND NATIONAL WE2, WITH 62,000 ON THE CLOCK. I BELIEVE TO BE CORRECT FROM DMV RECORDS. I HAVE OWNED FOR A COUPLE YEARS. IT HAS A VERY FRESH VERY STRONG NEW ENGINE THAT NEEDS NOTHING BUT TUNING.

WHILE OUTSIDE THE ONLY THING IT NEEDS IS PAINT, THE BODY IS RUST FREE AND PANS AS WELL. VERY SOLID CAR.

NEW WEATHERSTRIPPING ALL AROUND, FIBERGLASS BUMPERS WITH ALUM MOUNTS. NEW HEADLIGHT BEZELS AND CORNER MARKERS NOT INSTALLED YET. REAR FENDERLIPS ROLLED WITH TOOL TO FIT THE CENTERLINE CONVO-PROS WITH NITTO DRAG RADIALS 275/60's.

SUSPENSION IN REAR HAS UMI ADJUSTIBLE CONTROL ARMS UPPER AND LOWER, WITH THE SPOHN REAR SWAYBAR FOR AWESOME TRACTION. SHOCKS ARE ADJUSTIBLES ON THE FRONT SET AT 50/50 AND SAME ON REAR.

INTERIOR IS AWESOME AND COMPLETE. FULL LEATHER KIT FROM JAXCOVERS AND STOCK COLORS BUT LEATHER WITH DOORS AS WELL, NEW CARPET AND VISORS TOO. REAL SHARP INSIDE. PIONEER CD PLAYER WITH 4 CHANNEL AMP FOR FRONT AND REAR SPEAKERS WHILE A 12" PIONEER SUB AND 600W AMP CONTROL THE BASS. SOUNDS GOOD

NOW THE GOOD STUFF

VERY FRESH AND STRONG 109 BLOCK WITH THESE INSTALLED:

30 OVER WISECO FORGED PISTONS WITH STOCK TURNED CRANK AND BILLET MAIN CAPS

206 COMP ROLLER CAM AND SPECIAL LIFTERS W/ 1.65 ROLLER ROCKERS ON TD SHAFTHS

GN1 ALUMINUM HEADS

TIMING CHAIN CUT, STOCK INTAKE BUT PORTED NO EGR, 70MM T-BODY AND PLENUM

80LB INJECTORS WITH TT CHIP, #8 FUEL LINE FROM TANK WITH WALBRO340 AND A BOSCHE 044 INLINE

ALKY CONTROL DUAL NOZZLE SETUP AND SCANMASTER

PTE STOCK LOCATION INTERCOOLER 3" IN/OUT

TURBONETICS CPT 66 BB, S COVER WITH 3.5" DOWNPIPE AND 46MM WASTEGATE, 3" EXHAUST SINGLE DYNOMAX MUFFLER

HRP MOTOR MOUNTS

10" PTC 3300 STALL CONVERTER

I HAVE NEVER TRACKED THIS CAR. I DO KNOW IT NEEDS TO BE TUNED. IT RUNS VERY GOOD AND STRONG AT 20LBS BUT BELIEVE THERE IS ALOT MORE TO GO.

not sure really, i put on ebay with buy now at 14k but i know it needs paint

i would like to get 12k, i also have an older ATR downpipe with extrnal 38mm evo gate, and a set of enkie gnx knockoffs, new headlight bezels, and new front markers

how close are you to Jax?

not sure really, i put on ebay with buy now at 14k but i know it needs paint

i would like to get 12k, i also have an older ATR downpipe with extrnal 38mm evo gate, and a set of enkie gnx knockoffs, new headlight bezels, and new front markers

how close are you to Jax?

It is just out of my range 9-10K. I'll be coming to NC from Germany on the 17 and I'll later be living in Evans, Ga for the next 3 years. GLWS.

Just a thought.......while you have LOTS of money and go fast goodies in your car, there may not be many out there that will want to invest $12k for the car and then another $3-5k in a paint job. Just food for thought.

Just a thought.......while you have LOTS of money and go fast goodies in your car, there may not be many out there that will want to invest $12k for the car and then another $3-5k in a paint job. Just food for thought.
More like $5-7k on the paint if u want it done even halfway decent. Cars that need paint are lucky to pull $8k on a good day in todays market. Its not just the money one has to spend but the down time.

So are you asking 12k?

Please post an asking price.

ok,

yea, i have a very good painter in area that does nothing but high dollar rods and the least he said he would do is "around" 8k thats with me taking off everything.

i just hate to put another 5-10k in it and still only be worth 15-16k

asking 12,000 pm me with any offers:D

More like $5-7k on the paint if u want it done even halfway decent. Cars that need paint are lucky to pull $8k on a good day in todays market. Its not just the money one has to spend but the down time.

Absolutely correct. I know some guys have 10K in the engine & settle for 9k for the whole car because the paint is checked. Really sucks. I ended up having only the top surfaces painted on my GN & it looked really good. Couldly hardly tell where the paint line was. Only if you really looked or knew where it was, so there are options. Cost me $1700. Won several awards. No, not a show car but a really nice driver.

ok,

yea, i have a very good painter in area that does nothing but high dollar rods and the least he said he would do is "around" 8k thats with me taking off everything.

i just hate to put another 5-10k in it and still only be worth 15-16k

asking 12,000 pm me with any offers:D

Not to be an azz, but you want someone else to tie up 17-20k in a car worth 15-16k?

High performance cars are not investments, they are for our pleasure. We should not expect a 100% return on investment.

Lots of goodies on your car, good luck with the sale.

Define "needs paint".
How bad is it really? Is it checking or is it peeling or is more of a 20 footer?
Just asking for clarity.
Erik

I agreee with what has been posted above. I feel the car is worth 8k ... thats with out me seeing it in person.

checking? the clearcoat is gone on hood, roof and trunk the laquer paint cracks because it was painted without taking down to bare metal. yea sides are shiny top is satin look,

Its hard to make a driver a show car ... and if u drive a show car long enough it will look like a driver

Back