87' GN shell found

jhanson1750

just a 10th quicker
Heay guys and gals I was looking around at some salvage yards and found this 87 that had been gutted. Guy says he has the title and will take $700 bucks for it. I just hope someone can use it so it dosent get crushed. It has what looks like stock rearend in it and the shell is as straight as you can ask for.

Attachments

• buick gn found 001.jpg
    buick gn found 001.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 758
  • buick gn found 002.jpg
    buick gn found 002.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 753
  • buick gn found 003.jpg
    buick gn found 003.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 753
  • buick gn found 016.jpg
    buick gn found 016.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 751
  • buick gn found 004.jpg
    buick gn found 004.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 740
More pics

here are some more. Anyone who is intrested please post or email me jhanson1750@msn.com I don't care about making anything off this car just hate to see a good shell go to waste. I also have a lot more pics and also pics of the vin tag.

Attachments

• buick gn found 015.jpg
    buick gn found 015.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 735
  • buick gn found 021.jpg
    buick gn found 021.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 732
  • buick gn found 025.jpg
    buick gn found 025.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 730
  • buick gn found 013.jpg
    buick gn found 013.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 733
  • buick gn found 014.jpg
    buick gn found 014.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 719
looks like it has been sitting for a several years. Stock down pipe and converter, decent looking rear wheel well trim. May want to post the VIN....

That's what my first stolen GN looked like but with no suspension :frown:

$h!t all you need are glass doors, glass deck lid, a glass rear bumper, and glass front clip. Tub it with a SB Twin Turbo :tongue:

I'd be curious to see what the VIN on the car is...

I had an '87 stolen a few years back that was never recovered.

PM Sent. Thanks for the help!

No good on the Vin its way off . would be great to see you get your GN back in any cond . i had a low 11sec Gray T stolen from me in 96 and would love to get it back but i am sure it went to the strip house and its a goner :mad:

No good on the Vin its way off . would be great to see you get your GN back in any cond . i had a low 11sec Gray T stolen from me in 96 and would love to get it back but i am sure it went to the strip house and its a goner :mad:

Thanks for checking... You should run a carfax on it. Someone here will have an open account that would run it for you for free I bet.

Anyone else find it odd that the car has no visible crash damage? This car has to be theft recovery.

there were LOTS of recovered thefts in the early years ... lots that were stripped to .. I bought a Turbo T 1 owner from a junk yard .. complete car never hit.. the guy had "donated" the car for a tax write off :eek:

Gn

Definetely a theft recovery. Check out the broken steering column. It was probably stripped, even before it got to the salvage yard.:frown:

Boostjunkie-

Let us know what parts you need for it... lol

Looks like a great project, too bad its a lil tooo deep into texas for us kansas guys.

Lets see here, 87GN, HARDTOP, 8.5 rear end, no rust, sounds like a good car for a restoration.

BW

From the looks of the body side molding I would say that it is not a GN.
Good find ! Great project potential.
Bryan

Boostjunkie-

Let us know what parts you need for it... lol

Looks like a great project, too bad its a lil tooo deep into texas for us kansas guys.

Lets see here, 87GN, HARDTOP, 8.5 rear end, no rust, sounds like a good car for a restoration.

BW
Brian thanks for the help . i have a very rusty PA GN that will be the doner to build the shell. Pittsburgh gets cold and i need a good winter project since the tracks are closing soon. if not i will be bouncing off the walls all winter :smile:

I found my stolen T with Carfax... current owner said "cheif of police" so I called the BMV and it was at the impound... painted purple, stripped and prepped to be a race car.

:mad: