87 Ontarian

NoMoreMustangs

Wanted one of these things since I was 12 (which actually isn't very long ago), random kijiji search lead me to this gem. Now all I do all day is read about what makes them tick (I don't have any automotive turbo experience).

Currently:
Runs rough, high idle
Seems mostly stock to the eye
Needs floor panel replaced
Need all the TLC that a 165k km car needs
Up to ~$2000 in my parts list
Found a picture of the perfect rims, but I've no idea what they are called/where to get.

Also, GN's need a parts website like the mustang's do.
L96PMvm.jpg

6R4RTqp.jpg

2VTwTFv.jpg

MruAJXi.jpg

NwHsLQ8.jpg

(Picture of wanted wheels)
2lJhF5f.jpg

Nice. Look up "spring cleaning", you're probably gonna need a bunch of little parts and they will add up but these cars can be addicting. The good news is the rims you like are Cragar soft 8's and are cheap...like $60 on Ebay.

Great looking hot rod(s). ;)
What's the Charger got under the hood? Details.:)
X2 on the spring cleaning. Here's some stuff to wrap your head around this winter. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/
Take your time and get things sorted out before you flog the thing. You will be surprised at the monster that lives under that hood. Treat it well and it will treat you well.;)

Welcome to the site and happy spooling.:)
Mike Barnard

Thanks for the advice. I did read through the new turbo owners and it had a lot of information I definitely will be doing.

Currently it idles a little rough and fairly high. It has 166k KM's on it and seems to have had a fairly hard life, but I'll bring her back. I'm new to forced induction and everything that goes with it, so the learning curve is fairly steep especially when I don't really know anyone in the area who has experience with them. So many decisions to make it seems, what gauges to have (I don't like the look of them everywhere but do like to monitor oil press and water temp), I'd like to set the boost and forget it (I don't think it needs to be monitored but I could be wrong). The tuning seems like a daunting task, one that requires many more hours of reading up on the do's and don'ts. But all in all, as soon as I felt and heard that turbo spool, there was no going back.

The charger's a 69 RT SE, was an original 440 but has a new crate 426 hemi. Gotta work hard to get this little 6 up against that monster.

I totally dig that Charger. Please post more pics. What do you recon that it would run in the 1320'? Bone stock, a good running Turbo Buick is a twelve second car, with race gas, chip, tune and a good tire. For under 2K worth of bolt ons, it's now an eleven second car, with cruse, air and 24 mpg. Welcome to forced induction.:)

You're a lot closer to wrapping your head around forced induction than you think. It's what we do here. Grab a beer and make yourself at home.

Don't have any pictures of the old mans project, I'll snap a few when I head back there to get the GN running good.

All I have in it's current state:
06dR3kS.jpg