87 Stock, Orig, Fully Optioned Astroroof GN

Spl170s

Jr Boosted
If you are looking for a stock, unmolested original car, this is it. This car is stock down to stock air filter even!

I recently bought the car off of the original owner. It was parked for a few years not driven. He did not have a garage for this car, hence the condition of the paint. Will get to that later.

Car is fully optioned. If they offered it, the car had it, other than just a few minor things. I can get the codes for anyone interested.

Some highlights of the options:
Astro roof car. True factory astro roof
Digital dash
Full power 6 way driver seat
Concert Sound With EQ
Twilight lighting
Rear Defrost
Power Ant
Power trunk
power locks
power windows
Special Grand Suspension
Limited Slip Posi Rear end
Cruise

The car is perfect for someone wanting a project car to restore or to just paint and make a driver out of. The original owner kept it maintainted well, jsut had no garage to keep the paint out of the elements. Paint is weatherd and car has some rust issues.

Interior wise the car would be a 7. All power items work. Seats are in very good shape with minimal wear. Passenger seat has small tear in lower seat portion. Passenger headrest has some sun fade as well. Headliner is falling badly. All in all though, interior is in very good shape with little attention needed to make it very very nice. The trunk is in very very good shape with all carpetting and covers clean and in tack. Very nice!

Exterior, as said before, paint is no good. Will need paint job. Doors are questionable. Passenger door needs replaced no matter what. Shortly after owner bought the car, was skimmed on pass door....dealer skinned it and did a poor job. Pass door is just no good. Driver door is workable to a good body shop i am told. Otherwise, body is straight with great lines and potential. Lower rears are starting to rust through behind wheels. Rockers are in very good shape with no major rust. Small amount of surface in front area of rockers is all. driver fender is very good. Pass fender has small dent. Hood is good. All is good on body other than doors and lower rears basically. Grill is cracked in one spot.

Now, for the good thing about the body issues, with the car i am putting in a set of stripped and in primer doors to go with it. Both power optioned doors with glass in them. Will need finsihed up with some light body work here or there...otherwise very good doors for the car. Also, have a passenger side fender already in black to go with that has no rust. Have a 87 GN Grill to go with as well. All parts needed to fix body issues other than lower rear quarters.

As well for the interior, i have new headliner material on the way to recover the headliner and the roof slider.

I put in a rust free low mileage gas tank after buying the car due to a small leak between the strap and the tank.

Under the hood, car is stock. Very dusty right now from sitting so long with no use. Just some light cleaning under the hood proved it would clean up very nice. Mainly dust from sitting. Good washing and such will shine it up very nice. Hood mat is in tack and looks very good as well.

Car does run and drive. I have driven it around the block a few times. But has some brake issues. from sitting the front calipers and such are needing some attention. the front right is locking up a bit. Car does not smoke or knock or anything. starts up and runs very nice for the miles. Tranny shifts as it should with nice clean shifts. Car has alot of power for stock. Very impressed!! Original owner bought it for daily transportation and bought it mainly for the looks he said. He just liked these cars.... So performance wasn't his concern so much.

So, the car is a 87, Fully optioned, all stock, astroof car with 139K miles. This car would make someone very happy with all that it is...and could be to the right owner. All it needs is someone willing to get the body and paint fixed and it would make a very nice car!!!!

Have tons of pics for anyone interested. i am located in logansport IN....about 1 hour north of indianapolis.

Interested party should be prepared to bring trailer to take home. Car is drivable, but not for anything more than loading purposes. Car is financed, buyer would have to work around bank hours to get title released.

$5900

Lets talk......

Attachments

• 100_1536.jpg
    100_1536.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 492
Being a T-Type owner myself I went and looked at this Grand National over the weekend since it is so close to me. I was very impressed with the car. Just needs alittle love to get it where it needs to be. Doors and grill the owner has are in very good condition and would be a easy swap. Just wanted to give some input on the car since it was close and if you are thinking about looking at the car it has everything the owner says it has. Great potential let get it sold for him !!!!

Thanks Scott!

Ill be getting tags for it tomorrow and some new brake components also.

Hell, my wife is already trying to "claim" the GN as hers:D