You can type here any text you want

87 T White 18K original miles!! Runs 10s

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rking

Whats it worth? I am looking at a pristine white 87 T with black out trim, all of the goodies, been to the track one time so far and went 10.95 at 127. Has more left in it. Its not cut up, only 18,000 original miles. They are asking $23,000. I definitely thinks its worth it, but I may have a bad case of buyer's mind fog :D . Where you just want it so bad, you dont think right!!! Whats your honest opinion? That low of miles, great condition, its not stock however, but mint! Opinions please, help another member not make a bad investment!!

K1 rods
JE pistons
Ported and Polished Heads Intake
Roller Cam
Precision 63 Turbo
MSD stuff
FMIC
Art Carr Tranny
Built Rear End with Disc Brakes

Being the owner of a 14K mile lightly modified Turbo T car I'd say this car is right on the money. The market has appeared somewhat soft this summer but quality cars with careful and appropriate low miles will always beat the 40-50K mile cars. If this car twists your wicket I'd say get after it cause if you don't someone else will... good luck... :cool:

I am a little biased mind you, but I think the nice T's are underpriced. That seems like a fair price to me for the mileage and mods. There will be posts after mine that will expound that it's not a GN therefore it should sell for far less. I disagree. It is worth what a buyer will pay. There are those that want a GN and those that don't. I have a standing offer that is very close to that asking price for my car, when and if I was going to sell. Mind you, the nice ones are rare up here. Mine is a very similar car to the one you are looking at, except the engine is still factory sealed. Check out my pic site below. Lot's of mods, low mileage and extremely clean. I have had both a GN and a T. My white T was just a better choice for me. Don't get me wrong, I love all Turbo Buicks. I can even be seen associating with the odd questionable GN owner.

Thats the thing, Ive had a couple of GNs, I have a WE4, and this car is a wonderful change of pace. Beautiful white, blackout trim, chrome bumpers, a blue interior console car. I have come to think that some of the options on the Ts are rarer than the GNs. I know alot of people that just really dont like black cars, kinda rules out the GNs. Dont get me wrong, I love my GN and my WE4, I love black cars, but I see more of them on the streets and at the car shows than a really nice T ;) .

You can find nice GN's for sale anywhere, anytime. How often do you see really sweet T's ?

I prefer Turbo-T's over GN's with everything else being equal for several reasons. 1) Less expensive. 2) Easier to maintain the appearance of over black. 3) Less weight due to the aluminum rims compared to the steel rims. 4) I have no statistical data to bring to the table, but I bet percentage wise, they are stolen less. Some people really don't know about them.
18K original miles, $23K in cost, 10.95 in quarter, white & blackout, all in all, that car sounds ideal for you. You are fortunate that car is in your area and not mine. I am looking for something similar, but that car sounds like about 100+ horse more than what I want. HTH & good luck with the purchase if that's what you decide to do.

thats what the second car is for,Blue car for the cool nights and another car for the hot days ....

I've read about that blue car from a magazine few years back he got that beast dialed in the 10s at that time but even more faster now due to a better hairdryer he is building a stage motor on a different roller and hates to cut this car for that purpose, who knows he might tweak the price a little::D then it's a steal if u are lookin for a show and go toy.

white t

....if I'm allowed to chime in here, I love the white T's and you better believe that one day in the very near future you'll be seeing more posts for people absolutley gotta have 'em. That's already happening. Folks are going to soon realize that the production numbers are just not there and pickens' are gonna be slim, very slim as time goes on. I had my white T on E-bay last month and chicken'd out when it got down to a day and a half and my reserve was getting close. I'm keepin' it...looks great sittin in the garage and don't owe a penny for it.....so you better grab it up while you can....you can always change your mind after it's had, otherwise it'll be the famous "shoulda, woulda, coulda"....;)

Befor plopping down that 23K ,do a Car fax to make sure that 18k miles are not more ,,LOts of nice parts on an 18k mile car....?????

Back