87 Turbo T Moon Roof

proud new owner part 2

Does anybody know how to positively i.d. the turbo? it is suposed to be a ta52
I read somewhere that sometimes the model is cut into the turbo neck,under the intercooler clamp,so i pulled it off + sure enough,somebody had kind of wrote 52 on the neck but just with engraver or something,so it gave me some hope that that is what it is,because i had to give accurate info to turbo tweak to get the right chip.
You would think they would clearly + professionally mark these so people know what they are.
By the way, The owner i bought it from ,told me up front it needed to be dialed in + that this mostly how he got it,+ was telling me what he was told when he bought it.Just want to be clear that he didn't mislead me on the car.
It was like a 95% finished project(tons put into trans, rear,motor,fuel sys,turbo,ehx, etc.but just not brought that last little bit.
Anyway,sorry for ramblin on,any help i.d.ing the turbo + injectors would be great. Thanks,

1 more time

I'would also like to hear from people in my area, that work on these cars, + or have parts for sale etc.
Also if you are the person who built this car,could you e-mail me so i know exactly what it has in it. Thanks again.

Doesnt say where you area is. Also that is a TE series compressor housing on that turbo.

Location is Fitchburg Ma.
what is the diff between the 2 types,t/a vs t/e ? + is that going to effect the chip that turbo tweak is going to make me?
I'ts probably not to late to change my order

TA is stock appearing, The TE is not, I'm not sure if there is a difference in flow or not.

There's some turbo guys in the Fitchburg area. Joe Derry comes to mind. If you want to come up the Nashua, Al (V8 Killer) would take a look at it. The TA has a bolt on funnel to the turbo the TEs have it all cast to the housing.

Have to say it. You sure that was a TA52 turbo?
it may not be a t/a 52 + i'm trying to find out,any info you would have by looking at the photo would be appreciated.
I have an order in for a tt chip + if its not a t/a52 i'd like to find out so i can give the correct info to tt.

There's some turbo guys in the Fitchburg area. Joe Derry comes to mind. If you want to come up the Nashua, Al (V8 Killer) would take a look at it. The TA has a bolt on funnel to the turbo the TEs have it all cast to the housing.
I saw that the t/a49 has the bolts on the funnel,but do all the t/a series have that?
This 1 is def the no bolt cast type.
One big question i would have is will that make a diff on the chip i've ordered from tt.
They don't seem to have a # you can call to ask that question.
i'm kind of scrambling to find out exactly what i have so i can change the data i gave tt before the chip is made. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Call Eric. I am pretty sure he can help you out with that? If not, he can at least cancel the order.

TA series turbos, are like our stockers. There's a separate inlet bell that bolts onto the cold side (the aluminum compressor cover) It's funneled. TE style covers have a permanent piece that comes out, that the maf tube attaches to. It doesn't funnel. TE style covers flow just a touch more than the TA style. What you have is the TE; which is what made me make my original comment. The original poster didn't have his turbo right. At any rate, it doesn't matter.
Call Eric Marshall, and tell him what you have. If the turbo's close, it won't matter. He'll ask you what he needs to know. Though, I'd go thru the car with a person that knows these cars inside and out, before I go ordering more parts for it. Do a tuneup first. Turn your boost all the way down, and run all that gas out first. Never trust what gas is in a turbo car, if you didn't fill it up. After all the gas is out, change the fuel filter. Then do an oil change. SAVE THE OLD OIL, and send it to Blackstone Labs, so they can tell you about your engine as well.
MAKE SURE you have a scan master in there, and a real engine oil pressure gauge as well. If you don't you may get your feelings hurt.

TA series turbos, are like our stockers. There's a separate inlet bell that bolts onto the cold side (the aluminum compressor cover) It's funneled. TE style covers have a permanent piece that comes out, that the maf tube attaches to. It doesn't funnel. TE style covers flow just a touch more than the TA style. What you have is the TE; which is what made me make my original comment. The original poster didn't have his turbo right. At any rate, it doesn't matter.
Call Eric Marshall, and tell him what you have. If the turbo's close, it won't matter. He'll ask you what he needs to know. Though, I'd go thru the car with a person that knows these cars inside and out, before I go ordering more parts for it. Do a tuneup first. Turn your boost all the way down, and run all that gas out first. Never trust what gas is in a turbo car, if you didn't fill it up. After all the gas is out, change the fuel filter. Then do an oil change. SAVE THE OLD OIL, and send it to Blackstone Labs, so they can tell you about your engine as well.
MAKE SURE you have a scan master in there, and a real engine oil pressure gauge as well. If you don't you may get your feelings hurt.
Thanks for the info.I did determine its a te52,the injectors are the 42's + the converter is the orange stripe,so i think i got the correct info to eric. The chip + guages should be here today or tomorrow.do people actually send out their oil to be analyzed ? I did a retinal analysis + it looks like brand new oil,the motor only has less then 200 miles on it, since the rebuild.but i am going to change it anyway just because it is running a little rich right now + the motor is so new ,that the rings prob arn't seated yet, + its just a like a $20 dollar insurance policy + then i'll know exactly whats in it.(it could be the orig break in oil in it) Is synthetic oil a good idea in these cars?

I may actually be putting the car back up for sale, i'll know for sure later today.
I put off buying a car all summer because i had my house up for sale + the house i want to buy has no garage,( i'll build one later of course)now i buy this car + i get an offer on my house,i don't know yet if it's going an acceptable one, i was told that they are going to be presenting it today. I'll put up a new ad later if i am going to sell it