87 Two Tone (silver/grey) Turbo T w/40K mi.

Beautiful car! If you want the car, you will find a way to get it! Don't low ball the guy because he is in Canada, eh!

Beautiful car! If you want the car, you will find a way to get it! Don't low ball the guy because he is in Canada, eh!

Thanks, " horndog" - good point ! In retrospect, perhaps should have indicated from the outset that the car isn't being sold due to financial necessity .

VEHICLE IS SOLD!!!

A big thanks to Grant for allowing this deal to go through and preserving such a fine piece of history. I assure you it's in very good hands. Plus my deal stands, anytime you're in my area feel free to stop by and visit "your" car. You're more than welcome to take it for a drive anytime you want.

- Dean

I REALLY, REALLY like this car!! I love the color combo and is very tastefully modified. This was a great find/buy. Not knowing the PO, you could feel the love he had for this car. Good luck with it. Wish I was able to see it in person!!! Jake

VEHICLE IS SOLD!!!

A big thanks to Grant for allowing this deal to go through and preserving such a fine piece of history. I assure you it's in very good hands. Plus my deal stands, anytime you're in my area feel free to stop by and visit "your" car. You're more than welcome to take it for a drive anytime you want.

View attachment 183813

- Dean

A pleasure meeting and doing business with you Dean.

Pleased to know the car is in good hands.

Thanks for being an honorable guy and giving me my posted asking price.

ENJOY !!

Sorry for the multiple duplicate replies above. This was truly the computer screwing up and was by no means intentional !

BTW, thanks to everyone who showed a sincere interest in the car.

For those guys who are still inquiring about the car because it seems they've only read the last posted reply on page 5 and nothing prior.

THE CAR SOLD ON MARCH 2 FOR THE POSTED ASKING PRICE.

Grant,

You may want to delete the duplicate posts above.

Also, you might want to EDIT your initial "for sale" post indicating the car's sold. That way people who click on the link will see it's sold on the very first page.

Again, thanks for such a beautiful car. I've already received compliments on how well kept and how attractive the color combination is.

FWIW, the " new" owner reports that he " loves the car" and feels the asking price was justified. Great to hear such comments.

As the new owner of Grant's T I have a few things to say. First, it's worth every red penny Grant was asking for it. It's one of the nicest turbo Regals I've owned in my 20+ years of owning these car and it's performance doesn't disappoint as well. As such we're keeping the value of our cars where they belong. Secondly, for those who passed on the car I must send out a gigantic THANK YOU!!! Especially for those who passed on it because of the fact it was a Canadian car and didn't want to deal with ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) crossing the border. Importing a car as old as our turbo Regals is a piece of cake. Essentially you need three documents; one from the EPA, one from the USDOT and the third ICE provides at the border. The EPA document is obviously concerned with emission requirements and since EPA isn't concerned with vehicles over 25 years old you simply check the box that exempts our cars. The USDOT is interested in bumper safety requirements and has a 21 year exemption. The process is the same, just check the box that exempts our cars due to age and that's it. The third document I couldn't find on the internet however ICE waved me over to the inspection area and completed it for me. It was simply a declaration form that declares you've purchased a Canadian automobile and are importing it into the U.S. and want to see a purchase price via completed title or receipt. Let's just say they were "flexible" when it came to putting down a purchase price our Secretary of State would see when it came to paying U.S. taxes upon getting license plates and a state title.

As far as entering into Canada the process was similar and painless. Upon entering Canada with $18,500 of U.S. cash that I declared we had to fill out a form at the border that took all of 10 minutes. The cash simply needed to be declared on paper and that was that.

My thanks to Grant and the rest of the TR community who examined the car and passed on it for something "better" or easier to get, thanks to them I've got one HELLUVA Turbo-T!

for those who passed on the car I must send out a gigantic THANK YOU!!! My thanks to Grant and the rest of the TR community who examined the car and passed on it for something "better" or easier to get, thanks to them I've got one HELLUVA Turbo-T!

You're welcome. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Enjoy your new car Dean. :)

ALBERTAN : I know your expressed preference was for the car to remain in Canada, but the fact and truth is, it couldn't have gone to a better person !

Would be remiss if mention wasn't made that local TurboBuick member, " 2FILIP" had a perfect opportunity to own the car when he claimed he would gladly pay for the car's winter storage, buy it in the Spring, but then completely avoided any and all communication attempts thereafter, never to be heard from again !

ALBERTAN : I know your expressed preference was for the car to remain in Canada, but the fact and truth is, it couldn't have gone to a better person !

Would be remiss if mention wasn't made that local TurboBuick member, " 2FILIP" had a perfect opportunity to own the car when he claimed he would gladly pay for the car's winter storage, buy it in the Spring, but then completely avoided any and all communication attempts thereafter, never to be heard from again !
Let me help....

Lucky for me I don't work that way. I want the other party I'm doing business with to be well aware of every step in the transaction process, AND THEN SOME. If they want to communicate after the sale I'm happy to do so and provide photos, videos and updates as to anything that continues to keep that connection some of us never want to go away.

Personally I wish I'd continued to contact the gentlemen that bought my Typhoon, Turbo Trans Am, my Grand Nationals. I fear my first GN is now a donor car, crushed or destroyed and what a shame too. I put a $3,000 paint job on that car that could have won shows.

As far as contact with Grant goes I now consider him a good friend. He's welcome at my home anytime he's in this area, he can come see "his" car anytime and even drive it anytime he wishes as long as he wants. He just has to pay for the gas and I put 110 octane race gas in it at $7.84 a gallon :)

After experiencing a complete absence of business etiquette and decorum on the part of ( aforementioned ) TurboBuick member " 2FILIP", one can only hope this member decides to change his " modus operandi" , and learn from a class act like member TT/A1233 !

After experiencing a complete absence of business etiquette and decorum on the part of ( aforementioned ) TurboBuick member " 2FILIP", one can only hope this member decides to change his " modus operandi" , and learn from a class act like member TT/A1233 !

This I the way to go! You have done an amazing job in keeping, modifying and presenting such a nicely kept car! GLWS! If I ever hit the lottery, I am going to go around and buy up low mile 87 T Types and cars like this which are killers that look stock!

I was watching this car (and associated drama) for a while. Congrats to the eventual buyer, nice ride!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app