You can type here any text you want

87GN Stock Throttle Body Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I still have a lot to learn, this forum has helped me tremendously. There is still genuine helpful guy's here.

TWIN TURBOS? Of course they do!
The one that's on the car, and the stock one on the shelf in the garage!
TIMINATOR

Cows may come,
And cows may go,
But the bull goes on forever.......
TIMINATOR

Check this one out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/938505229541590/user/561479284

"I have a real FBI code 1987 GN. Engine mods - making 1,000HP+
Original paint and interior- still has the Maine State Trooper sticker from 1988 on the windshield
See the build codes… what do we think it’s worth"
bwahahaa! 1000HP!!!!
Stock ignition. Vacuum block instead of push loc lines. Stock intake and throttle, and a MAF-T... so it's on the stock ECM still.

I really like the billet look. At one time somebody made a 65mm billet throttle body, but couldn’t find it when I was ready to purchase. I haven’t seen it since so I had Steve do my stocker.
I decided to go with the precision plenum and power plate because of the slightly better air distribution over the stocker. This route made sense to me when purchasing flow matched injectors.
A word of caution: the Precision plenum is 5/8” taller than stock to clear a 4” MAF pipe so it’s very close to the hood liner. Notice the slim vac block. I had the plenum machined to tip the TB down and to tip the plenum forward. Then Cruze comes out with the angled spacer. ARGH!! Lol
I got the cast version and had it powder coated anodized aluminum w/ clear along with the valve covers for a stock look, only better.

View attachment 391034

View attachment 391035
That’s beautiful

Your Prayers have been answered!

Greg Wahl at Altered Machine has come to the rescue !

He has taken over where Steve Monroe left off

IMG_5603.jpeg

Back