You can type here any text you want

885 lifters - shielded foot or not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eticket

I bought a set of 885 lifters for my build off of ebay - new.. they are a set of 16.. they do not have shielded feet. then I bought a set of 885's used off this board from a member - and they ARE shielded foot.

Did they change designs over the years? anyone know for sure? i could post a pic, but they just as I described.. also.. the bodies are different even more and the plunger is overall higher on the shielded foot version.

They should have a shielded roller. I thought the new 853s had a non shielded roller. That is why I dont trust Comp anymore. Morel travel limited lifters are cheaper anyway.

They weren't 885's if they weren't shielded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I need to call comp to ensure about series.. etc... unshielded is a no no on stock blocks I presume?

I guess I need to call comp to ensure about series.. etc... unshielded is a no no on stock blocks I presume?

109 blocks require a shrouded roller. An un-shrouded roller will uncover the lifter oil passage and you'll loose oil pressure to the whole engine.

Happy Spooling.
Mike Barnard

Comp does not even have those lifters anymore they are discontinued. There is some people buying them from the manufacturer (which was not Comp) and there is some unshielded sets floating around too

Some of you may know this.. but what comp did was come up with their new lifter which is not a shielded foot lifter.. they were shipping these new lifters out without changing the part number.

So.. I bet they eventually changed the part number as many guys, like myself, were irritated in the change - without knowing that it was a new and different lifter.

So.. any 885 lifter that isn't shielded food is actually at 15853 lifter...

Recently I called comp to get a set of 885's and they sent me the non union non shrouded mexican equivalent. Cost me another week in waiting time. I'd like to reach through the phone and strangle the incompetent tech who crossed referenced. When I called back to explain the problem they did not know what I was saying. I had to school the tech.

Ended up they had 2 sets of nos 885's on the shelf. I said O really? Thats nice. LOL!:wacky:

The 885 has a shielded roller. Comp changed manufactures and renamed the new parts to 15853 which is not correct, they do not have a sheilded roller. I found out a few years ago when I was purchasing all the 885 remaining stock.

I keep the 885 in stock at all times. I have an exclusive on them. My part number is TBP885. I have 3 versions of this lifter as well as solids. Any questions feel free to contact me

Back