You can type here any text you want

-8an fitting for stock fuel rail

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jmendlik

where can i get the correct fitting to allow -8an feed line to be connected to stock fuel rail...this fiting needs to have the male inverted flare and rubber oring on the that goes into the fuel rail. i can only find one with -6an not -8...earls and fraggola have them.

anyone can help? i got the one without the male inverted flare end and it leaks at the rail.even with teflon tape....SUGGESTIONS?

If the fitting you have is like what I am thinking need to use a washer to seal it. I used a copper crush washer that I also annealed to dead soft (heat to red and let cool or dunk in water to remove oxides).

Can also use a washer that has an aluminum shell with a buna-n gasket. Can't recall the name of them. Even with a quick search I didn't find it.

Anyway, this is what I used:

Earl's 9919EFJ - -8AN to 16mm x 1.5 Adapter

JEGS Performance Products 82110 - JEG'S Copper Washer Assortment Kit

The AN adapter needs to be shortened so that it doesn't bottom on the 0-ring portion of the rail. Then just select the proper copper washer to fit and anneal it.

RemoveBeforeFlight

$60 bucks!! WOW--I'll try the annealed brass washer or plastic washer first as nobody has this in stock anyway...Thanks for the link--

Hey I just remembered that racetronix might have the fitting too.....

This fitting really defeats the whole purpose of going to a -8 fitting! Look at the tiny little hole you have as an outlet from the adapter. This would be ok in a low hp or non e85 application. This would be like wrapping your mouth and nose in duct tape and popping a straw through to breathe, then try to run as fast as you can! Buy a -8 to flush stainless steel fitting have it tig'd on. should be no more than 10 bucks for the fitting and maybe 20.00 if you got someone with a tig.

This one with the fuel/oil plastic washer is what I use
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-460816/overview/

This fitting looks to be that it doesn't even need to be shortened. And the price is better then the fitting I used. I'd give it a go along with the sealing washer. Still can't recall the name of the sandwiched one.

Found it: 5/8 dowty seal for factory fuel rail feed

This is from another TB member that listed & pictured his fuel system... TooManyModz maybe?????

As others have mentioned, avoid the Saginaw 0-ring style as the through hole is very small.

RemoveBeforeFlight

This looks like a nice fitting.
799-670550_2.jpg

http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/670550/10002/-1?parentProductId

Thats the one I have and it leaks....i need to try a Dowdy Seal--I'm looking for a source in the chicagoland area online now...--

If it bottoms out the thread before the seal makes contact it wont help. The shorter thread fitting helps or cutting some threads off of yours. I had that issue before which is why I have my current setup. Best picture I could find of my fitting and seal.

Attachments

• IMAG0769-1-1.jpg
    IMAG0769-1-1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 152
I had a fitting like that and cut a few threads off to avoid bottoming out as mentioned. Used a copper washer and it worked good.

Back