You can type here any text you want

9/11 converter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87SFI

Just curious on how efficient bruce's 9/11 converter is.
If I go 110 mph in th 1/4 with the stock d5 unlocked, how much mph will I loose with the 9/11 unlocked? Is there a way to measure this?

Thanks
George

9-11 slippage

Each 9/11 conv. is built for your combo so it would be hard to say . My 9/11 conv for my t76 turbo feels "tight" so i would say the 9/11 conv's are built to be efficient .

you said loose mph??

i dought you will loose anything just if unlocked you will see a lil bit more rpm but i really dought the car would be slower.

at 110 mph you have room for more rpm.

but why unlocked? lock it on top end atleast.. boosted motors love to be loaded the more stain you can put on them the harder they work

The reason I brought this up is because I had a 9 inch converter years ago with the stock cam and turbo. It would start loosing alot of power after 50mph, but it was great at the bottom. I do plan to lock this converter, but can you lock this thing at 2nd gear? I now have ported heads, a te44 and 206/206 roller cam though, so I am not sure how it will react. I love to maintain that kick when I floor it 45 mph.

Any inputs?
Thanks
George

Back