You can type here any text you want

9.56 @ 141mph

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sam Colalillo

low 9's w/ a 109
Patrick Hall and Cal Hartline reviewed the latest 9 second data logs. I stepped back listened to these two determine how to get more power out of the car. They both know I do not want to hurt anything.

I stole the car from the wife and took it to the track Friday night. It felt like I had Alan Johnson as a crew chief as Pat tuned the car and called the MPH it was going to run on each pass. On the last pass of the night he handed me the laptop and said go load this tune in the car and then it’s going to run 141 mph in the mid nines.

This has been a learning year for me. I am finally getting the car sorted out. This just would not have been possible with out all the help I have received.

It starts with the power plant and all the advice I got from Dan Strezo. The engine is really starting to make some power. I am so glad I listened to him and he shared so much with me.

Jack Cotton and all the guys at his shop. The fuel system I got from Cottons is working great. Brian did a hellava job on the down pipe he made for me.

Cal Hartline for letting me annoy him with tons of questions. I am very fortunate to get his technical advice. He really accelerated the learning curve. I would never be able to switch back to a stock ECM on anything I ever build again.

It is hard to believe that last year this time Chris Jacabsen and I were finishing up the chassis and setting the body onto the frame. Then In January my Friend Tim Galloway started performing body work and painting the car.

I never thought the car would go this fast the first year we had it out;)

3 runs all in the 9's
High speed internet users can click below the video on the watch in high quality tab for better viewing clarity.

Awesome!

Great runs Sam! What were the 60ft's on the passes?

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140

Whoo! Nice runs. Way to hang the hoops on that last past. I'm guessing lower 1.3's?

WOW! Sam, that is awesome! I love the end of the video! You guys really did a great job. Congrats!

Thanks for sharing the video Sam! Your car (err sorry the wife's car);) is really hauling the mail. Just goes to show what can be done with a well thought out combination with some help from some of the best in our community. Congrats!:cool:

Sam, I share your feelings. Having the best guys in your corner will help you reach your goals faster.

Congrats.... :biggrin:

Not really fair, did you read the list of who's who in V6
racing.:eek: Kind of a stacked deck........:biggrin:

Great run and looks to only get better. Congrats all the way around. Well done. I kind of followed this re mod
from the beginning. Love to see them come together.

Back