9 Second TURBO GTO....These cars are Flyin!

I would think there would be less lag with a 350ci V-8 worth of exhaust feeding those pipes.:confused:

Originally posted by F8L Z71
Usually it's no problem at all. I just strayed off the beaten path and did my own thing. I only had lag issues at a dead stop. Once rolling boost came on pretty quick. At the track it wasn't an issue either.

http://my.starstream.net/f8lpony/F8L 4x4 12.95@94 8psi launch.wmv

what the hell was in the 4 runner, he almost got next to you in that run!??!!?

your truck needs more suspension work, your lucky the ujoints havent broken from it hopping like that!:)

good luck with the truck, looks good, nice red light!

BW

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
what the hell was in the 4 runner, he almost got next to you in that run!??!!?
BW

Im wondering the same thing since Mrs myclones 4runner wouldnt go that fast dropped down a mine shaft with a semi truck tied to the front bumper :confused: :confused: .

My suspension fix was to crank down the torsion bars up front and by doing so lower the front 1.25". Worked like a charm and now it launches smooth as a baby. On all my 12.3@109-110mph runs I was getting 1.80-1.85 60's and it was perfect. :)

The truck starts to creep forward once I hit about 6psi of boost and no matter how hard I stand on the brakes it just goes so I end up with a red light. I had plans for a 2-step but now that truck is going back to 13sec duty and I'm building up the Silverado for 10sec duty.

This vid shows the same run from the back then a 6psi launch from the side. You can see it just starts to creep and I can't stop it. Running the whole 1/4mile in 4wd is kinda weird. LOL

Rear shot of 8psi and 6psi launches

http://fatalfoo.com/Movies/F8L Z71 Clips/Justin's Runs - Small.WMV

This is my 2nd time to the track with this turbo. This is a launch with the front dropped.

12.65@106.8 vs Mustang LX

The 4Runner in the video is pretty damned fast. It has a built motor with TRD supercharger and a 75shot of nitrous. He was trapping 108mph most of the night and was still dialing it in so he is probably faster by now. :)

Ohh forgot to mention. The reason he was catching up so quick is my intake tube back near the turbo kept popping off after the 1/8th so I had to lift. That's why you see a 12.9@94mph LOL That was a horrible 2.1 60' also. The 1/8th mile times were 8.0@86.2mph

Originally posted by F8L Z71

The truck starts to creep forward once I hit about 6psi of boost and no matter how hard I stand on the brakes it just goes so I end up with a red light.

If your truck has vaccum assisted brakes as well as drum brakes in the rear there is an easy/cheap way to hold more boost.

I dont have time right now to explain but if youll PM/email me I can give you the details. FWIW I can hold 14psi with stock brakes on the syclone with the cheap mods/technique Im talking about.

Originally posted by myclone
If your truck has vaccum assisted brakes as well as drum brakes in the rear there is an easy/cheap way to hold more boost.

I dont have time right now to explain but if youll PM/email me I can give you the details. FWIW I can hold 14psi with stock brakes on the syclone with the cheap mods/technique Im talking about.

Now thats a good buddy right there:)

i see the truck launching better, nice and smooth..

glad you posted more videos they were a good treat, do you have a website?
BW

Yup, us GM turbo guys gotta stick together no matter what body the turbo is in. :)

I don't have a website setup right now. I am going to put one together soon to showcase the build up of the Silverado and have a nice place for people to get info on the GMC as well.

Until then you can browse other vids and pics here if ya like. Please right click and save as as much as possible to conserve bandwidth please. :)

FATALFOO.COM