You can type here any text you want

911 TT embarassment

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNGN

Can't Re- Member
Pulled behind an extra wide 911 at a stoplight leading onto the freeway yesterday, as I got closer I read turbo on the decklid, as I got even closer I saw the intercooler exhaust behind the rear tires and the ductail. Holy crap its a New TT :).

Light turns green, he rev's it up and punishes the clutch. It sounded good revving up but I wince at his lousy engagement. Four wheels grab and he's off. I'm behind him a car or two (no need to tailgate a $125K car) and our lane needs to beat the inside lane to make in onto the freeway.

He's gonna show me how its done. He goes, I go. He appears not clear on the concept of shifting and I'm on him like stink on... well you get the idea.

The sad thing is, I was in my slow ass Chrysler 300. It goes to show Driving the baddest car on the planet does not make someone fast. If someone in DFW posts a kill story vs. a red 911 TT in a 5.0, IROC camaro, or a Hot air, believe it. I'll Vouch for them.

Originally posted by JayLashua
OH! so hotairs are right inline with "Slow ass chrysler 300"s huh?

I didn't pass him in the 300, only paced him. I figured I need the massive power of Hot air or IROC Z to to that.

If anyone with a stock hot air wants to race my 300 from a roll (ricer style), let me know.

I had one of those obnoxious red 911 guys "acting out" behind me on a ramp entering the Interstate NE of Denver earlier this year. Don't know if he had an intercooler or not.

I had 1500 miles on an engine rebuild, with the boost conservatively set somewhere around 12 pounds and was running 91 octane :(

When I realized how obnoxious he was going to be, I punched it as he was passing my rear bumper....He was already at his max performance and past my front bumper before my turbo kicked in. I watched his back bumper for a mile or so (no idea how fast, but if you think about it, it had to be over 120mph)....I'm sure my 87 LTD looked pretty big in his rear view mirror, but I lost a couple car lengths after a half mile (OK, it was really 4 lengths) before he let out of it as we approached some traffic.

That was a day I wanted to go back and put some high octane and push up the boost....Coulda, woulda, shoulda kind of thing. It was fun ;)

I think he took notice of this old grey buick....

UNGN,

These Chryslers are a bit underrated, yes?

I have a 94 LHS with 130k. Another obnoxious driver of one of those new Altima's was weaving a rug through traffic here in Colorado Springs. At the light he was on it. The old gold four door grampa's car pulled a car length on him (87 octane) before he gave up. I thought they were 250+hp???

The only thing that gets me to racing someone (I'm a grampa) is to see some a$$ with a wannabe fast car weaving a rug, or, otherwise being obnoxious on the road.

Your 300 is rated at 250? I bet its more than that....

Originally posted by TType84
could a 300 even break into the 14s?

Could a stock hotair? :)

They could if they had a limited slip. They wheel hop bad and the traction control appears to retard the timing.

They will run mid 90's in the 1/4, though.

mine did..

should run a 12.9 right now..we'll see.

how about that? any 300s run 12s?

i remeber back in 95 when i had a lightly modded 84 t-type. i raced what was a brand new at the time Lincoln mark8. i smoked him from a stop but from a roll i couldnt keep pace.

Originally posted by lburou
UNGN,
I have a 94 LHS with 130k. Another obnoxious driver of one of those new Altima's was weaving a rug through traffic here in Colorado Springs.

Howdy there grandpa! I've got two grandkids myself and that never stopped me from running somebody! Here in Colorado Springs too. Probably too late to bring that TTA out to Cruise Night at Grocery Warehouse since it's gotten cold. I would have liked to see it. My Chrysler is a T&C, not quite as powerful as the LHS.
Keith

Back