You can type here any text you want

92-20* or 110 -26*Chip w/Alky?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BADDGUY6

What chip will be better to use on the street with my combo? I was thinking of using the 110-26* chip and taking out 4-6* timing with the Trans+ Anyone doing this?:confused: Will it spool up faster? Any downsides? I'm a slug from a stop till I get to 10 PSI then hold on:eek: I know a TC is the answer to faster spool up. But no funds:(

TIA
Guy

Originally posted by Mr URL
Try 22 degrees timing WOT as a place to start.

Thanks Chad,
I started with Spark base "D" 6 degrees retarded. (Not good) On low end. Now I'm trying:
Base spark base on Trans+ set on "0"
Spark WOT set on "C" 8 degrees retard. Low end is better.:) Need to do more WOT tests.:D
So I think I'm on 18 degrees WOT now. Will work my way up till I get KR. I'm at 24# boost using 92 gas, with Denatured. Wanted to know if anyone has tried this before?( Using a race 110-26* chip W/92 gas & Alky?And taking out timing?:confused: ) Any downsides?
Thanks,
Guy

What I did when I first tuned in my SMC kit was set the boost at about 16 psi and put in my 26* race chip. I set the alky turn on point at about 10 psi and kept turning the boost up 1-2 psi at a time till I started noticing the slightest amount of retard. Once I got the max boost set I started fidling with the turn on point. Mine comes on at about 13 psi now. When I was first learning to tune the kit I was having a problem with running rich. I didnt want to take fp out at first because I was already running a lot of boost. What worked great for me was to turn the fp down about 3 pounds and turn the alcohol up. Basically you are just taking out pump gas and adding higher octane alcohol in its place. The thing I love about these alky kits is the tunability. At first you will hate it, but once you play with it you'll know exactly how to dial it in. I am at the point now where I know where to set the pump speed based on the outside temperature. Good luck with your kit. Hope that helped some.

BTW, just for your reference, I was finally able to get the car dialed in at 23 psi with my 26* race chip using denatured alky. Fuel pressure is set at 41 psi and I am running a JL 110 chip. Keep playing with it a little bit at a time and you should be able to use the full 26* timing. Spoolup is super fast with my TE45.

Back