96 Impala SS is Alive! - Pictures

65malibuss

I started my Impala last weekend, drove it around this week and it seems to be running good now.
It had a rough idle at first but that was resolved by adjusting TPS, IAC and fuel pressure.
Then it didn't feel right for a couple days, spooled to 11 psi boost, sounded good, scanmaster data seemed normal, but was slow - turned out to be TV cable too loose!
I hope I didn't damage anything in the trans; now that it's adjusted properly it feels much better.
Now I need to stuff the ECM under the dash somewhere, adjust the downpipe more since it's banging on my firewall and get it tuned a little better.
I'm planning on driving it to the GS Nationals in Kentucky in a couple weeks.

Some new pictures are on my website:

http://home.earthlink.net/~65malibuss/

Was that my turbo? Sweet. I forget where my parts go. I wish I could remember who I sold my GN wheels to.

Cool Project!

Coil Pack

Yup that's your turbo.
It's starting to work good too.
I'm using a thrasher chip, have the max boost set at 18 and it has pretty good pull, although it seems to be shifting early. It works much better when shifting manually.
On the last WOT run the O2 millivolts were 775 and there was 0 knock retard.
The highest the coolant temperature has been since I first started the car last week is 180.

The coil pack is a tight fit.
I don't even have the bolt on the back yet.
I have to put the spark plug wires on first, then slide it back there from the passenger side.

I've got a very nice pair of rubber lines on my driveway now, I'll try to take a picture this afternoon before the sun goes down to put on my website.

Looks very good! I know that was a lot of work. It actually looks pretty stock in there. Sounds like you're on your way to getting it tuned and lined out. I know it'll run circles around the original. Very good job!

Thats pretty cool. :cool:

Now I need to stuff the ECM under the dash somewhere

I hid my nitrous contoller where the pass side airbag use to be. It's about the size of a ecm ;)

Good Idea!

I didn't think about that.
I just hope if I run into something that the ECM doesn't fly out and hit my passenger.