97 4l60e no reverse

You can get a GM SRTA for way less than that! Ship it to me I'll do it for 2,000 shipped both ways, including parts!!

Don't want to sound like an a$$ but Sun shell stripped means no shift at all. No planetary action from band grabbing in 2nd or 4th. The 3-4 clutches need to drive the Internal reaction carrier (front planet) and the sun shell cannot be driven at the same rate if the splines are stripped and would not drive the low planet at the same rate (since 3rd would be a direct 1:1). The band would still apply in 2nd and 4th but there would never be a progression in gear change. He is getting a shift but late. He said 2nd and 3rd but late -3500rpm or so.

I didn't want to sound like an a$$ either but I have some of the fastest 4L60E's in the country. :biggrin: My shop builds transmissions for just about every big LS tuner around and has a proven track record.

4l60e

JST A 6
I got a guy for you to talk to.

Thanks for the info.
I might call this guy.
He is even within driving distance.
I am located in South Bend, Indiana.
I just pulled a 4L60E out of a 1996 Firebird.
It had 1st but no reverse.
He sounds like a stand up guy.
I will let you know how it works out.
Thanks again.
Jason
AffordableGN

Thanks for the info.
I might call this guy.
He is even within driving distance.
I am located in South Bend, Indiana.
I just pulled a 4L60E out of a 1996 Firebird.
It had 1st but no reverse.
He sounds like a stand up guy.
I will let you know how it works out.
Thanks again.
Jason
AffordableGN

No problem, he is a good guy. Just so you know, he originally quoted me $600 for the transmission if I were to pull it out of the truck and meet him halfway to do the exchange. He eventually said he and his buddy would bring it all the way here *and* install it for another $150, bringing the price up to $750. Plus all the extra work they did for me without even going up in price any. I still can't believe everything they did for me for that price. We used the shop I work at (HVAC company) this past Saturday to put the transmission in with my boss's permission, and they put a large tarp down before I pulled the truck in and even helped me clean up afterward and make the shop look like we were never even there before they made the drive back to Indiana. The day after they did the work I looked under the truck and found a wiring harness hanging down against the front driveshaft and I tied it up, but they're only humans too. I'm 100% satisfied with everything they did. Right now I have them looking for a transfer case to rebuild for the same truck too (we checked mine while it was out for backlash and it was a bit sloppy plus one of the u-joint strap bolt holes on the front driveshaft yoke has messed up/unrepairable threads).