You can type here any text you want

9s finally

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reginald West

After many ups and downs and 3 years of trail and error last night at Irwindale we ran a 6.30 at 110.5 in the and pulled the wheels up in the process. that equates to a 9.85 in the 1/4. I think we are on the right track at last.

Woohoo! Way to go Reggie. BTW, watch your e-mail. I gave your addy (and others) to the History channel as they are looking for a Southern CA GN buff for an episode of their show - Full Throttle. :cool:

Originally posted by Reginald West
After many ups and downs and 3 years of trail and error last night at Irwindale we ran a 6.30 at 110.5 in the and pulled the wheels up in the process. that equates to a 9.85 in the 1/4. I think we are on the right track at last.
Congratulations Reggie! If everyone only knew what you went through to achieve that! But If you keep that up. I will be forced to make your menopausal pit crew an offer that they can't refuse & build another race car LOL

60 foot times are getting pretty good.

First run was a 1.46/ 6.44 @ 108

2nd run was 1.42/ 6.30 @ 111

Launches are just about there. The slicks are not grabbing as hard as they should and I think the sway bar still needs a little adjustment.

It is nice to see this thing go nice and straight.

Oh yeah nothing breaks either ( Fingers crossed and knock on wood)!!

Guys,

If anyone deserves it you do.
Congratulations!!!

Originally posted by Reggie West

Launches are just about there. The slicks are not grabbing as hard as they should and I think the sway bar still needs a little adjustment.

Reggie are you still running them worn out tires? They just don't hook when they are worn down to the cords. Maybe you can get them recapped ! LOL

No dad bought a set of 29X11.5 Hoosier (Firestone?) slicks.

The ET Streets would not stick at all on the launch. Immediate tire spin was not helping.

I have to keep these new ones right at 10 psi so they crinkle nicely on the launch.

Dad was spinning off the line on the last run. I can fix that.

Did you put the car back on the dyno? or use the same program as before? I know you understand the FAST program pretty well.

The program is pretty much the same.

We did go back to the dyno about 2 months ago. Car made 640 hp and 750 ft/lbs torque at 24 psi.

The dyno would not load the motor to run any more boost.

I did put 25 degrees of timing in the map from 23.

Believe it or not the EGTs are 1656 and that is it.

The program is pretty much the same.

We did go back to the dyno about 2 months ago. Car made 640 hp and 750 ft/lbs torque at 24 psi.

The dyno would not load the motor to run any more boost.

I did put 25 degrees of timing in the map from 23.

Believe it or not the EGTs are 1656 and that is it.
I like that number on the EGT'S but are you reading them before or after the turbo?

Before the turbo by 8 inches.

That may go up when he's running the car in a quarter.

Congradulations Reggie, I hope it doesnt take me that long. My combo is setup and made 625 with a bad convertor at 26#s
I have a convertor 10SV6 gave me to try, so i will be going to try and get it installed for a rent day my friend setup.
Otto

Thanks for all the postive replys guys. I have to say thanks to Turbolou he was a big help in getting my car on the right track.

REG

Originally posted by Reginald West
Thanks for all the postive replys guys. I have to say thanks to Turbolou he was a big help in getting my car on the right track.

REG
Thanks Reg!You just made my day. Regards Lou

Back