9sec Turbo-T 16k

hey jaunjo322 how does the car run? any pictures, videos ??? :biggrin: I have been looking for something like this thes car looks like a big sleepr car only need tints in the front windows and nobody can tell the cage or anything

hey jaunjo322 how does the car run? any pictures, videos ??? :biggrin: I have been looking for something like this thes car looks like a big sleepr car only need tints in the front windows and nobody can tell the cage or anything

RRS, no car yet :( It has been back and forth to the shop just to make sure everything is up the mechanics standards. From what I hear and read Jack Laswell is the man to go to with these cars and the car or engine is with him right now. There have been a couple of little things that are micrometer that have not fit in perfectly but since has been to the machine shop to get resolved. The car should be up and done with pretty soon.. perhaps then I'll have my 2 babies!! :) my daughter probably bee born tomorrow car soon too.. :biggrin:

it's better to be patient and good things usually come out.. we'll see.

Juan

RRS, no car yet :( It has been back and forth to the shop just to make sure everything is up the mechanics standards. From what I hear and read Jack Laswell is the man to go to with these cars and the car or engine is with him right now. There have been a couple of little things that are micrometer that have not fit in perfectly but since has been to the machine shop to get resolved. The car should be up and done with pretty soon.. perhaps then I'll have my 2 babies!! :) my daughter probably bee born tomorrow car soon too.. :biggrin:

it's better to be patient and good things usually come out.. we'll see.

Juan

its been 4 months by the timelne here and car still not ready:confused: something is definitely wrong with car nobody takes 4 months on and engine job, heck i would not buy it goodluc to u especialy forprice too mch:eek:

its been 4 months by the timelne here and car still not ready:confused: something is definitely wrong with car nobody takes 4 months on and engine job, heck i would not buy it goodluc to u especialy forprice too mch:eek:
I know several other cars there waiting for an engine build also, this is why Jack has quit working on daily drivers, too much pressure to get things done in a hurry, Jack wants it right when it rolls out the door. I wouldn't worry one bit and those that don't know Jack need to shut up about his work/ethics.

dont mean to bash thread but there are to many good cars out there cheaper with the economy that car should sell for like 10 to 13thousand especialy with all thos problems you sent half of the car price and been 4 months something doesnt sound right wonder what happens if u don't like the car :confused::confused:

I know several other cars there waiting for an engine build also, this is why Jack has quit working on daily drivers, too much pressure to get things done in a hurry, Jack wants it right when it rolls out the door. I wouldn't worry one bit and those that don't know Jack need to shut up about his work/ethics.

I am not saying nothing bad about his work, 4 months? lets be reel or is this normal?

I am not saying nothing bad about his work, 4 months? lets be reel or is this normal?
That's about normal for the work being done, Jack's shop is packed with Turbo Regals, most needing alot more work than Cody's did, and its only Jack and one other guy thats been with him a long time working on them. The last time my TA was in there for some tranny work and some valve train issues it was a little over a month. You should see some of the cars in there needing a motor rebuild, looked like the engine compartment hadn't been washed ever, when Jack is done it looks like a brand new engine compartment, and he doesn't have to do that since the customer was just wanting the engine rebuilt, but he doesn't like delivering them back in that dirty condition, thats how he does all of his work.
The buyer has been in contact with him and seems to feel completely comfortable, so its up to his conversations with Jack to make the call.

There's only $1k difference in the car you posted and Cody's, and it has 50k more miles on the rest of the car. The rest of Cody's car is just like it was when it rolled off the show room floor, spotless clean. So there's really no difference in price

That's about normal for the work being done, Jack's shop is packed with Turbo Regals, most needing alot more work than Cody's did, and its only Jack and one other guy thats been with him a long time working on them. The last time my TA was in there for some tranny work and some valve train issues it was a little over a month. You should see some of the cars in there needing a motor rebuild, looked like the engine compartment hadn't been washed ever, when Jack is done it looks like a brand new engine compartment, and he doesn't have to do that since the customer was just wanting the engine rebuilt, but he doesn't like delivering them back in that dirty condition, thats how he does all of his work.
The buyer has been in contact with him and seems to feel completely comfortable, so its up to his conversations with Jack to make the call.

There's only $1k difference in the car you posted and Cody's, and it has 50k more miles on the rest of the car. The rest of Cody's car is just like it was when it rolled off the show room floor, spotless clean. So there's really no difference in price

I have gone over the thread a couple of times and nowhere dos it say that the buyer has contacted the mechanic, and there is more than just 1k in differnce.

The other car has a built 200-4r transmission
Full billet
200-4r
CK performance Billet forward drum-
CK performance billet input shaft-
CK performance billet OD planetary
CK performance billet OD ring gear-
CK pan extender/sump filter
CK rollerized low/reverse clutch housing-
CK front pump-
CK billet aluminum servo-
CK shift kit-
3 alto clutch OD
new low/reverse/overrun clutches
billet anchor pin
Alto red clutches
Alto 2 3/8" band/hardened pin
rebuild kit(seals/gaskets)
new sprags-
resurfaced direct drum
roller bearing kit-
New bushings/thrust bushings
Non lock up PI stall

alky kit and more power adders this car had TA headers now has Postons.. WTH? Postons? I am not sure if the buyer sees this but when the car is posted up somehow and then parts are being removed/replaced then something has go change in price, I have seen all the posts and sems that the car is really well taken care of, ther eis no question about that, BUT how long has this car had these power adders? the car has 50k miles but how many of them are street/strip.. I rather take a 150k mile car that has most on street miles as opposed to 20k mile car that has been a drag queen/king for most of the time meaning battered. I am just saying it is a very nice looking car to say the least and saw the videos the car really runs fast!! in question of price, i think the buyer is getting the big one.

RRS

I have gone over the thread a couple of times and nowhere dos it say that the buyer has contacted the mechanic, and there is more than just 1k in differnce.

who the hell cares ??? IT's HIS CAR !!!! I see all your posts are commenting on cars for sale.. You have one ??? Or are ya goin to get one when you get your drivers license :rolleyes: Do you have the CASH to buy it NOW or are ya just flapping your gums?? :p

who the hell cares ??? IT's HIS CAR !!!! I see all your posts are commenting on cars for sale.. You have one ??? Or are ya goin to get one when you get your drivers license :rolleyes: Do you have the CASH to buy it NOW or are ya just flapping your gums?? :p

Grumpy, I don't care, it's just all of yall see this guy is getting raped, I have had just one gn and sold it over 5 years ago, I miss that car and the reason you see my posts on for sale section is because I am looking for one. It's sad that you take this personally even though I am just commenting, ultimately the buyer makes the final call. Just making comments like on all the posts I have rarely seen anybody seen 4 months of work being done, for that much time 100% restorations have been done so pardon my input just that the seller may not have been 100% honest. And about my money matters, it's none of your business, if you want to know I have money alright and it's not a problem for me now or the far future.

RRS

lol... 4 months. Top engine builders have a 6 month waiting list just to get IN the door.

You want it done fast, take it to Pep Boys:rolleyes:.

Btw, why do give a chit anyway? You plannen on buying it?

lol... 4 months. Top engine builders have a 6 month waiting list just to get IN the door.

You want it done fast, take it to Pep Boys:rolleyes:.

Btw, why do give a chit anyway? You plannen on buying it?

Brett, u may not be the brightest bulb in the shop, I don't know you and am absolutely possitive that I have not disrespected you in the past. Look at the thread it says there is a buyer that gave 1/2 down! So technically the car is sold. 2 posts up you will see where I wrote I don't care, u may just be another coverup poor dude.

I am just shocked that the mechanic takes that long, the buyer said that the car has had several issues how can one race when there is a 4 month time on repair, hey it's a really nicecar nonetheless. Brett since u chimed in, it's nice to know that there are still great mechanics out there and if I disrespected you for that I apologize.

RRS

:mad: RRS, WTF are you and why are you talking chit? Look man, me and Cody have been in good contact since the deal was made I am very pleased with his communication skills, he has not lied, he has called me on several occasions and while I may not like what he has said sometimes I respect him 100% for his honesty,HONESTY is a quality that is very hard to come by. Look man I have every intention of getting this car I have a very good feeling that this car will not dissapoint... a lot of the members here have seen this car run and they say its nothing short of spectacular. The mechanic has taken 4 months, BUT i rather him take 4 months to fix it 100% as opposed to 2 weeks and have a solid running POS! so buzz off you have officially created chaos here.. wth is wrong with you. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all where are your manners????????????????????????????????:mad:

The other car has a built 200-4r transmission
Full billet
200-4r
CK performance Billet forward drum-
CK performance billet input shaft-
CK performance billet OD planetary
CK performance billet OD ring gear-
CK pan extender/sump filter
CK rollerized low/reverse clutch housing-
CK front pump-
CK billet aluminum servo-
CK shift kit-
3 alto clutch OD
new low/reverse/overrun clutches
billet anchor pin
Alto red clutches
Alto 2 3/8" band/hardened pin
rebuild kit(seals/gaskets)
new sprags-
resurfaced direct drum
roller bearing kit-
New bushings/thrust bushings
Non lock up PI stall

alky kit and more power adders this car had TA headers now has Postons.. WTH? Postons? I am not sure if the buyer sees this but when the car is posted up somehow and then parts are being removed/replaced then something has go change in price, I have seen all the posts and sems that the car is really well taken care of, ther eis no question about that, BUT how long has this car had these power adders? the car has 50k miles but how many of them are street/strip.. I rather take a 150k mile car that has most on street miles as opposed to 20k mile car that has been a drag queen/king for most of the time meaning battered. I am just saying it is a very nice looking car to say the least and saw the videos the car really runs fast!! in question of price, i think the buyer is getting the big one.

RRS

Also RRS I hadn't responded to your messages cause I think at this point you are officially an idiot..

There is a brand new alky kit going in, so the cars are similar, but i still think this one is too sexy to pass up on..

Brett, u may not be the brightest bulb in the shop, I don't know you and am absolutely possitive that I have not disrespected you in the past. Look at the thread it says there is a buyer that gave 1/2 down! So technically the car is sold. 2 posts up you will see where I wrote I don't care, u may just be another coverup poor dude.

I am just shocked that the mechanic takes that long, the buyer said that the car has had several issues how can one race when there is a 4 month time on repair, hey it's a really nicecar nonetheless. Brett since u chimed in, it's nice to know that there are still great mechanics out there and if I disrespected you for that I apologize.

RRS
Go play in the sand box you little troll...:rolleyes:

I'm really not sure what this forum would do without people like you? Thank God you signed up. What a relief! I'm sure all potiental buyers would be lost without great advice from you about buying a car.

You don't even own a Buick. In fact, I'd be suprised if you even had your license yet. When you do then maybe you can chime in on what is or isn't a good deal. Untill then shut the fuk up and go play on the ricer board since that's the only kinda car you can afford.....:eek:

Troll? What are you 5yrs old? Hartline performance right? World doesn't sieze to amaze me, what can you say about this car since you think you know a whole lot?

Just a lil update, shortblock is done, longblock will be completed very soon and going in the car. Basically ended up doing a complete overhaul(at my expense of course) for good measure. Had some small snags, no big deal......engine builds like said above take time, and skimping on it will cost you big down the road. I realize I said it should take about a months time when I sold the car, but I am not letting the car go until its right. I have been in close communication with Juan and we both are on the same boat! Just thought I would clear this mess up.

With that said, Juan will be running mid 10's on pump gas and drag radials real soon:D