You can type here any text you want

A 4.1 A good deal?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
I called a local wrecking yard that had a 4.1 that needed to be rebuilt, but they want a core. They stated 200 with a core. There is no way in hell im giving them a core, but if i were to give them a junk motor (maybe) is 200 for a 4.1 that needs to be rebuilt a good deal? If so its mine.

I called a local wrecking yard that had a 4.1 that needed to be rebuilt, but they want a core. They stated 200 with a core. There is no way in hell im giving them a core, but if i were to give them a junk motor (maybe) is 200 for a 4.1 that needs to be rebuilt a good deal? If so its mine.

Makes no sense. A motor needing rebuilt is a core. Why would you give them a core and 200 to buy a core?

Gotta agree with you Jeremy, but it is washington state after all.:eek:

lemme start over... I found a 4.1 about 70 miles away for 200 WITH a core charge. I could give them a scrap 3.8 as a core couldnt I? The 4.1 that was in the 82 limited was not inspected for cracks or damage though.

lemme start over... I found a 4.1 about 70 miles away for 200 WITH a core charge. I could give them a scrap 3.8 as a core couldnt I? The 4.1 that was in the 82 limited was not inspected for cracks or damage though.

As long as it turn over, I'd still buy it!!!

Hey lets do this deal while ive got the dinero...

BTW i doubt that it runs...

Stop buying parts that you don't need Ramone. Just deal with what you've got right now. Deck could be cracked, crank could be ruined (I know how that feels btw.:mad:), ect. It's out of a salvage yard and it would make your car much stronger but for now deal with what you've got and get the car running right first.

Stop buying parts that you don't need Ramone. Just deal with what you've got right now. Deck could be cracked, crank could be ruined (I know how that feels btw.:mad:), ect. It's out of a salvage yard and it would make your car much stronger but for now deal with what you've got and get the car running right first.

well ive got soo many people telling me a 4.1, and people telling me to keep it stock, and people at AZ saying ditch the turbo and get a v8, I start one idea and get told to do another. Im getting the car worked on now to get it to run right, THEN ill see what I can find from there. I want to sell this block I have now to either get a 4.1 or to build into the stock motor.

It all depends how much money you have. I will never build another 3.8 for myself. Thats just my opinion though. I love the torque of the 4.1 and they are soomewhat cheap if you can find them. They come with turbo cranks already. I say 3.8's are worthless to build if you compare the power levels.

It all depends how much money you have. I will never build another 3.8 for myself. Thats just my opinion though. I love the torque of the 4.1 and they are soomewhat cheap if you can find them. They come with turbo cranks already. I say 3.8's are worthless to build if you compare the power levels.

Jeremy has a point. I myself probably won't ever do another 3.8. I've heard too many good stories about having a 4.1. BUT at the same time you have a good CORE to start with. If your block and everything else is shot I would say it's time to step up to a 4.1. How many times do we have to tell you Ramone? Rebuild the motor in your car and put it back in or sell off all the crap you have collected and save some money up and have someone rebuild a motor for you. This has been going on for 2 years now-GEEZ:rolleyes:

Only 1 year and some Jesse. He joined in Aug 09. It just seems like it's been 2.

Back