A/c compressor interchange

RKUBICA

Friend has a/c compressor from 1987 Grand Prix 5.0 with high & low pressure lines.sitting in boxes for 20 yrs question 1) do they fit 87 turbo and b) any way to tell if their still any good. Donor vehicle had 41k on it when removed??

Friend has a/c compressor from 1987 Grand Prix 5.0 with high & low pressure lines.sitting in boxes for 20 yrs question 1) do they fit 87 turbo and b) any way to tell if their still any good. Donor vehicle had 41k on it when removed??

They are both R4 compressor types, but the one for the GP is going to have a vbelt pulley on it, which isn't easy to change. If you were to manage a pulley change and maybe cutout switch on the back, it should bolt up. The Ac lines are turbo specific for the GN/TType.
There are vendors that have the lines in both raw aluminum and black in stock.
I just went thru the process of adding a compressor back after being deleted for years, nice to have the AC back.

Good luck,
Mike

They are both R4 compressor types, but the one for the GP is going to have a vbelt pulley on it, which isn't easy to change. If you were to manage a pulley change and maybe cutout switch on the back, it should bolt up. The Ac lines are turbo specific for the GN/TType.
I just went thru the process of adding a compressor back after being deleted for years, nice to have the AC back.

Good luck,
Mike

Thanks Mike, won't cost anything for compressor but sounds like this could be a big project.

Good luck,
Mike

I am about to go from the bypass pulley back to the compressor...do you remember if there was any extra brackets / bolts that you needed when you did your swap?