A/C delete?

6togo

I know many guys here have deleted the a/c in their cars I am thinking of doing this for my Lsx conversion to make life a little easier plus i dont usally use the a/c much and this being a weekend ride even less. What are the options for doing the delete but keeping heat i would like to see what has been done?
Chris

I seen this kit which is like the factory non a/c box does any duct work need changed for this kit i know the factory non is different? Anyone smooth the firewall and use a aftermarket heater unit? sounds like a good idea to keep it clean just dont know if it would be possible to tie the aftermarket heater into the factory duct work?
Chris

I used all of the factory stuff in mine. Had to modify the original heater box which took some effort. All of that was explained in instructions

FatPig Excellent info. I didn't know they sold the heat only box. defoggers are a nice thing to have up in Pa. Thanks for the info!

I shaved my firewall and mounted a summit racing heater on the inside but I did lose my glove box though.I ran new ducting I have defrost and ducting pointing to the floor.