You can type here any text you want

A day at the the dyno........

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodave231

I spent a good part of last Friday morning at the "War Room" chassis dyno in Waterford, MI.

My first pull had my guts in a knot and that got worse when I heard a loud clatter when the engine returned to an idle. Seems that #6 intake lifter decided to collapse and not pump up.

I was relieved to find that the problem was not terminal. I popped the valve cover and relashed the valve. The noise went away but returned on the next pull. Damm!!

I tightened the valve again and did two more pulls.

The highest I turned the engine was 6100 RPM and I had about 18-19 psi boost. The net result was 575 RWHP. The torque curve was vertical at 6100 RPM.

I decided not to hurt the new cam any further and take the car home to fix the lifter situation. The dyno owner/operator was extremely impressed. He told me that he had a highly tuned Hemi on the rolls the night before and it looked sick in comparison.

I think this baby is gonna rock when I get the bugs worked out.

Stay tuned,
Dave

Cool man, I saw your website, Have you had any problem with those breathers dripping oil?

No oil out the breathers, a few vapors under load, no oil.
The rings must be sealed pretty good.

Back