a dummy here but i was wondering

2whitebuicks

what it takes to convert my 84 driveline to an 87 i have the engine , trans turbo exhaust engine wiring everything outta my 87, and then my 84 i just bought has a locked up engine .. os i was thinking of dumpin my i/c motor in and jsut wanted to know if i could use the 84 wiring harness and jsut change out the computer or what..... confuse you???

hmm ok. i was thinking that.. but ive heard of some dudes usin the 87 computer in their non i/c cars.. didnt know if it was a use the 84 harness with the i/c setup or if it was change everythign....

I've done this with my 84 gn. The sensors are in different locations and will not work with the 87 set up. Make sure you have the turbo drain put in the block and you will need to pull the rf fender to get the harness changed. But well worth it.

hmm ok. i was thinking that.. but ive heard of some dudes usin the 87 computer in their non i/c cars.. didnt know if it was a use the 84 harness with the i/c setup or if it was change everythign....

You can use the 87 computer in the 84-85s but you also have to change the coil pack/module. I also believe the mass air sensor too along with an adapter harness for the module from Caspers.I think this is how you can use a Scan master in the 84-85s.
To convert to an 86-87 setup you need the 86-87 engine harness setup along with the computer, coil/module, mass air, intake and exhaust manifolds, all the accessories and their brackets. If you are using a 84-85 block, you need to drill and tap the front of the block for the oil return. there are few more minor things as well but yout get the idea.

HTH
Prasad