You can type here any text you want

A / F ratios on a NA motor.. NEWBIE HERE!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bigpsi94

I installed the Fast SEQ /w WB02 on a 1988 stock 302 motor. I just got the car started this week. I was wondering what A/f ratios and timing I should be running. I currently have it for 13.2 all across the board and have timing set for 36 degress across the board. What menus should I be concerned with when trying to get the car to idle properly? I also noticed that my timing is off. The dashbaord says 36 but the timing light says 33. I have my crank referance angle at 60BTDC. HELP!!!

For idling, the theoretical ideal is 14.7. However many people idle richer than this (13.5), especially those with bigger cams and higher HP motors.

For regular highway driving, the same theoretical ideal applies - 14.7. This will take some driving around to see what your car likes - I find mine does okay running on the lean side (15.2), but you will have to drive your car and see what it likes. If emmissions are a concern for you, you may have to adjust your mixtures a bit.

At WFO, you probably want to be somewhere in the neighbood of 11.5 - 12.5.

For timing, I set mine up kinda like a distributor - about 15 degrees initial, 36 at WFO, and 40 - 45 for "driving" (when you'd have both vacuum and mech advance giving you more timing). Again, you'll have to play to see what your car likes.

That should get you started...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Bob,

What tables should I concerned with for idle? My car will crank but wont start unless i give it gas for like 30 sec then the idle jumps around from 500-1200 rpms. How can I fix this? Also there are so many tables. Do I have to make adjustments in all of them? Which ones are key? Im just confused as to which tables need adjustment.. Please HELP!!:confused:

Back