You can type here any text you want

A Few More TT Chip Questions.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HighMileage

Albany,NY
What is the "Security Chip"? A feature that can be added? ..or is it a special chip?

I've pretty much got my mind set on the 60lb inj with matching chip deal.

From what I've read,the annoying 3rd gear lock-up will be gone. Good!

But,is there any way to keep the WOT lock-up in 4th? My engine is stock,at the moment.

Also,can the lock-up in WOT 4th feature be eliminated by sending the chip back sometime in the future?

Is the speed limiting feature of the stock chip eliminated?

One last Q: Can the cooling fan turn on temp be set at 190'F?

Thanks!

Steve. '87 GN. Stock with PowerLogger.

security chip is a built in feture its best ... if you talk to eric an not let the world know what an how it works.

What is the "Security Chip"? A feature that can be added? ..or is it a special chip?

I've pretty much got my mind set on the 60lb inj with matching chip deal.

From what I've read,the annoying 3rd gear lock-up will be gone. Good!

But,is there any way to keep the WOT lock-up in 4th? My engine is stock,at the moment.

Also,can the lock-up in WOT 4th feature be eliminated by sending the chip back sometime in the future?

Is the speed limiting feature of the stock chip eliminated?

One last Q: Can the cooling fan turn on temp be set at 190'F?

Thanks!

Steve. '87 GN. Stock with PowerLogger.

I don't have anything called a "security chip". I can add an antitheft feature which requires a certain sequence be performed before the car will start. However, be warned that 99% of all people that have requested it, have returned there chips to have it removed, because it was too much of a pain for them.

3rd gear lockup is not gone in my chips. The annoyance is the low MPH that the stock chip locks it. It will lock in 2nd gear if the MPH is set low enough. I raise it to 45mph typically, and some people like it even higher. At 45mph and up, its typically in 4th gear anyway.

I don't recommend WOT locking on a street car. It tends to break stuff and cause knock.

There is no speed limiter.

I can make the fan come on wherever you want. I recommend about 165* no matter what thermostat is in the car in order to help evacuate hot air from the engine compartment and keep things cool.

If you have special requests for any of the settings, make sure you enter it in the notes when you order the chip.

Regards,
Eric

Back