You can type here any text you want

A little fun...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

StageII86

I usually do not play around on the street, but I have been driving my White car around at night lately doing some fine tuning on the drivability side of my ME-R. I have a Wide band in this car which makes tuning real fun since you can see the little changes you make right there in front of you in big numbers.

I was cruising along with my buddy Kyle in his ~550RWHP Supra when we came across a silver LT1 Z who really wanted some bad from the both of us. It was loud, had the new 10-spoke SS wheels, blah blah blah. Probably pretty stock and slow...

Kyle has had some 3rd gear issues in his car, so he just granny shifts and walks the guy real nasty. Then, they went again from about a 40-punch and I kicked it down into 2 (from about 3-lengths behind them), brake boosted to 12-psi, let 'er rip and hit 22-psi and flew by both of them hazing my Hoosiers (kyle was just letting out as he already had 2 lengths on the guy). Shift light came on in 2, I hit 3rd and got out of it. All happened REAL fast, I love this car. Funny thing is, we hit a light afterward and the guys roll down their window and say to Kyle, "Damn that b*tch is fast," pointing back to MY car! Kyle just said, "I know."

I then proceeded to try and get on it again but my I/C hose blew :(. Had to pull 'er over to Wally world and do a field-fix.

My car is basically a TSM setup but with a 72 Q-trim.

LOL, I just realized this is the first time I have ever posted a "kill" story on any board in my entire life!

awsome! nothing like a super fast TR on the street.

got any pics of that white monster?

OLD pics in the Website link, has chrome bumpers back on now, but same wheels/tires. Those were back when I ran a TE45/55's on that car.

Can you enighten us on the ME-r
Price?
Ease of use?
Benefits?

I understand that you can get rid of the MAF sensor,how is this for a daily driver car,can it be tuned by an Amature like myself.
Can it be used with Alki
Hows spool up without the MAF

Sorry for all the ??? but the ME site did not cover much in the forum..
Thanks
Dennis

WOW Asphalt, lotsa questions, lets see if I can answer.

Price is ~$600 give or tak a little by the time you do the ECM mod (input for 3-bar MAP). You basically are getting a Chip, thumbwheel, 3-bar MAP, MAP cable to ECM, and ECM mod. I would not feel near as comfortable tuning with it and think it would take longer without a Stand-alone Wide Band O2 setup. I bought an FJO which set me back another $600. The Techedge is around $400 w/ sensor now, I think.

As far as "using, " you simply plug the chip and thumbwheel in, remove your MAF sensor, replace your 2-bar MAP, w/ the 3-bar TTA MAP, then splice the 3 wires from the cable in the 3-bar MAP into your ECM connector. Turned the key and it clicked right over after I installed it.

I run 83's which are difficult to control at low pulsewidths by any management in my opinion. But, I have managed to tune my car into a very street friendly setup and get even get pretty decent milage (dont know how good, because I have not just run an entire tank through at once w/ out adding more C16 in my garage). I Idle at 12.5-13:1 and it is very smooth, In OD w/ TCC locked on the highway I leaned it way out to 16-18:1 a/f and the car hardly has enough fuel to run, but is still very smooth. I had a richness when I would first step in the gas from a light that would cause a bit of smoke but I tuned that out, too with the "accelerater pump" position. I have basically been able to get it to be very efficient and drivable through fine-tuning though it functioned fine on the default settings. It just seemed pretty fat everywhere on the default #'s (guess for a safety margin). Your WOT fuel is determined by just what thumbwheel # the chip is on while driving. On 22-psi, I was seeing 10.6:1 at WOT on pos #5 which is still a bit fat IMO.

You seriously can't tell the difference in the charicteristics of this and a MAF car once its dialed in. I am an amature too and have had real good luck tuning with it. It gets better everytime I take the car out. The chips's designer Steve Yaklin has to be the most supportive vendor of any one product in the TR community. I have a folder of probably 50 e-mail correspondences where he is usually just checking to see how things are coming along and providing tuning tips.

Sure it can be used w/ alky. Just tell him what timing you want and then adjust your WOT fueling and spool-up fueling to accomidate your alky system.

YES it is speed-density off the MAP.

Originally posted by StageII86
WOW Asphalt, lotsa questions, lets see if I can answer.

Price is ~$600 give or tak a little by the time you do the ECM mod (input for 3-bar MAP). You basically are getting a Chip, thumbwheel, 3-bar MAP, MAP cable to ECM, and ECM mod. I would not feel near as comfortable tuning with it and think it would take longer without a Stand-alone Wide Band O2 setup. I bought an FJO which set me back another $600. The Techedge is around $400 w/ sensor now, I think.

As far as "using, " you simply plug the chip and thumbwheel in, remove your MAF sensor, replace your 2-bar MAP, w/ the 3-bar TTA MAP, then splice the 3 wires from the cable in the 3-bar MAP into your ECM connector. Turned the key and it clicked right over after I installed it.

I run 83's which are difficult to control at low pulsewidths by any management in my opinion. But, I have managed to tune my car into a very street friendly setup and get even get pretty decent milage (dont know how good, because I have not just run an entire tank through at once w/ out adding more C16 in my garage). I Idle at 12.5-13:1 and it is very smooth, In OD w/ TCC locked on the highway I leaned it way out to 16-18:1 a/f and the car hardly has enough fuel to run, but is still very smooth. I had a richness when I would first step in the gas from a light that would cause a bit of smoke but I tuned that out, too with the "accelerater pump" position. I have basically been able to get it to be very efficient and drivable through fine-tuning though it functioned fine on the default settings. It just seemed pretty fat everywhere on the default #'s (guess for a safety margin). Your WOT fuel is determined by just what thumbwheel # the chip is on while driving. On 22-psi, I was seeing 10.6:1 at WOT on pos #5 which is still a bit fat IMO.

You seriously can't tell the difference in the charicteristics of this and a MAF car once its dialed in. I am an amature too and have had real good luck tuning with it. It gets better everytime I take the car out. The chips's designer Steve Yaklin has to be the most supportive vendor of any one product in the TR community. I have a folder of probably 50 e-mail correspondences where he is usually just checking to see how things are coming along and providing tuning tips.

Sure it can be used w/ alky. Just tell him what timing you want and then adjust your WOT fueling and spool-up fueling to accomidate your alky system.

YES it is speed-density off the MAP.
WoW is right,:D :D Great info,I may just have to ask you more ??? since you answer them in such depth..;) ;)

Thanks alot
Dennis

Back