You can type here any text you want

A Little street test

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

galoush

HWY2HELL
Took the car out tonight Zero boost launch 2.12 60ft according to this G tech
IMG_1400.jpg

:eek: WOW... 133.9MPH?!? Sure that isnt a 10.17 pass?!?!?:eek:

He said 2.12 60' and the g-tech doesnt give you a trap speed which is you average speed over the last 60' at the strip. It gives you the actual speed at the end of the quarter. A pass like that would equate to 128-129 at the strip. If there was wheelspin its not very accurate. I take the average of passes in both directions in the same area and average them. I throw out any passes where there was wheelspin. Ive used one on the strip and it it showed a slower et than my actual.But well within a tenth on non wheelspin passes. Probably from the rollout at the strip but the mph was always 4-5mph high. In a 125mph car.

The Car Trapped 129.9 Mph at the track with 5-6 Pounds LESS Boost then the Gtech pass , that was with a Huge 1/4 inch by 2 inch crack in the crossover at the v band ..could not launch or spool at all 11.50 was the best it did that day withthe 129.9 Mph ................The Gtech run I left the Line off the gas by just punching it , The car has a trans break but it it just about useless on the street . The Tire is a Hoosier Street slick 28x15x11.50 .....i can see the wrinkle marks on the sidewall afterwards so its dong something.

The Car Trapped 129.9 Mph at the track with 5-6 Pounds LESS Boost then the Gtech pass , that was with a Huge 1/4 inch by 2 inch crack in the crossover at the v band ..could not launch or spool at all 11.50 was the best it did that day withthe 129.9 Mph ................The Gtech run I left the Line off the gas by just punching it , The car has a trans break but it it just about useless on the street . The Tire is a Hoosier Street slick 28x15x11.50 .....i can see the wrinkle marks on the sidewall afterwards so its dong something.

MT DR's work much better than the Hoosiers on anything but a sloppily prepped or really high surface temp track. So what was the boost? I went an average of 131.4mph on 5 passes on the g-tech at 24 psi. Only was 24 psi in a few frames. most of the time it was 23.8.

Bison i had a Journal bearing 70GTQ w .85 precision housing on before and i hated it, it was so laggy and not fun at all on the street , im pretty happy the way the car is running now its fast , fun around just cruising , the housing thing is something to try out if i get bored ... So what turbo do you run it lookes like its from the boosted series no , comments Likes /dislikes

Bison i had a Journal bearing 70GTQ w .85 precision housing on before and i hated it, it was so laggy and not fun at all on the street , im pretty happy the way the car is running now its fast , fun around just cruising , the housing thing is something to try out if i get bored ... So what turbo do you run it lookes like its from the boosted series no , comments Likes /dislikes
Its an old T66BB with a GTQ exhaust wheel. Spool up is good even with the 16 blade 9.5". It goes to 3100 at zero boost/vacuum. A 17 would make it spool like stock with no cat on the street. A journal GTQ sucks unless you have a 3800-4000 stall. I have no complaints. Im still right in the meat of the compressor map until i hit 27-28psi and am over 5700 rpm. The converter works so well at holding the engine down up top it really lays down the mph. Theres a lot more to gain with a good torque converter than the trbos these days. Some guys are still running crappy converters. I think 133-134mph is possible in my combo but its like a grenade with the pin pulled on the stock bottom end. Maybe one more full pass before i retire it if it stays together. Id like to ru n it at 26-27psi and see what it runs. Its getting an S2 soon. Ive got another 9.2:1 stock block one going in my other car with similar parts to what you have. Im probably going to run the T66 on it until i get another turbo. Probably need a 76GTQ/HPQ if i stay 3 bolt. The engine will be good to 6400 with the 224/224 and 885 lifters. I want to run 10.0 at 20-21psi/93 meth.

Back