You can type here any text you want

A new Carb and Distributor.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
So you have an edelbrock carb, but still have the stock CCC distrubutor? And you have chopped up V8 headers, and a suspected blowby problem. Somethings majorly wrong with the car. Its going to be really hard to get it to run good without it stockish. Personally Id get some real V6 turbo manifolds, get a CCC carb or a non CCC carb and distributor. Just way to hard to get a taunable baseline with so many variables.

So you have an edelbrock carb, but still have the stock CCC distrubutor? And you have chopped up V8 headers, and a suspected blowby problem. Somethings majorly wrong with the car. Its going to be really hard to get it to run good without it stockish. Personally Id get some real V6 turbo manifolds, get a CCC carb or a non CCC carb and distributor. Just way to hard to get a taunable baseline with so many variables.

well im getting better headers, found a way to redirect the blowby, and as for the carb and distributor... i dunno...

can't really get much better than the stock 83 headers. I'd get the right carb first. I think it might be a good idea for you to post pics of your engine compartment. How are you gonna redirect the blowby?:confused:

can't really get much better than the stock 83 headers. I'd get the right carb first. I think it might be a good idea for you to post pics of your engine compartment. How are you gonna redirect the blowby?:confused:

well the hose was severed so i tapped the ish out of it. I was gonna redirect the breather hose into the intake duct but didnt. im looking for a good carb thatll work, but havent had any luck. Anyone here have one?

well the hose was severed so i tapped the ish out of it. I was gonna redirect the breather hose into the intake duct but didnt. im looking for a good carb thatll work, but havent had any luck. Anyone here have one?
if you dont want that carb i will take it. :tongue: the best thing you could do is find the right carb from someone here and have another person tune it for you. there is nothing wrong with people helping you dude. then you can get all the bugs out of that car.

if you dont want that carb i will take it. :tongue: the best thing you could do is find the right carb from someone here and have another person tune it for you. there is nothing wrong with people helping you dude. then you can get all the bugs out of that car.

well let me find another carb. If I dont get this BEAUTIFUL SS impala or the classy 65/66 lac, Ill sell it for about 75 bucks.

I'm looking for a good carb that'll work, but haven't had any luck. Anyone here have one?

I'll see what I can dig up since I have quite a few carbs here. I even have a customer bringing me one since he repalced his with a Holley. If you don't know how to work on them they can be a b!tch for sure. Send me a PM and tell me how much you can spend so I can figure out whether I can do it for you or not.:smile:

I'll see what I can dig up since I have quite a few carbs here. I even have a customer bringing me one since he repalced his with a Holley. If you don't know how to work on them they can be a b!tch for sure. Send me a PM and tell me how much you can spend so I can figure out whether I can do it for you or not.:smile:

pm sent

I bet that 7 wire dizzy is where most of the problems are.

your stuck in full retard.

a simple gut change to convert it to vacuum advance and install a 4 pin HEI would make that carb happy(ier) but you still need to learn to tune it.

while a lazy computer controlled carb may sound like the best way to go, I think somebodys messed with the car to the point of where that system is beyond saving. when was the last time you looked at the wiring?

A.j.

Took up to much frigging time. Tried it and it took more time than it was worth for me.

Back