You can type here any text you want

A source for Johnson (American made hyd. roller lifters)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lee Thompson

#1-800-441-1400
Ask for Luke Whalen
$402.12 for 6 pair
I'm trying to place an order for a set if the sectreary ever calls back.

Who's Richard and where the hell is Bowling Green? On top of that who are you calling round?

LOL..... Leeo looks like we cant drop off our trailers at the track on monday afternoon as in the past.. i hope leiophus can find bowling green. sorry to hack your lifter thread,,:smile:

I'm seriously thinking of going roller set up, with my fresh motor. Are these the roller lifters to get, instead of buying a roller "kit"?
Thanks,

Chuck

are these lifters less noisy then the CC HY.roller lifters and why have we not been useing them ,,,,even lonnie D. said that he messed the johnson lifters ......any body useing the morels supplied by TA

are these lifters less noisy then the CC HY.roller lifters and why have we not been useing them ,,,,even lonnie D. said that he messed the johnson lifters ......any body useing the morels supplied by TA

Just for your information Robert they are the same lifters just some new
marketing and corporate wrangling . Just keep this between you and me.

False alarm

I recieved the lifter yesterday---I have a set of Comp 885 on hand---They appear to be identical. Not what the sales person lead me to believe. He said once you get them and compare to Comps you will see a major difference in the quality of machining.---NOT !!!!

Whats so hard about making a quality lifter? Or atleast obtaining a quality company for there manufacture? Have all these companys gotten to concerned with the dollar and not care about the product? if Americans cant make it I wonder if the Chinese are up to the task!

:mad: A.j.

I recieved the lifter yesterday---I have a set of Comp 885 on hand---They appear to be identical. Not what the sales person lead me to believe. He said once you get them and compare to Comps you will see a major difference in the quality of machining.---NOT !!!!

Lee, have you had any issues out of the CC-885 vs. the 853's? All my issues were with the 853's, which is why I only use the 885's now. FWIW, CC has a "new" line of lifters out that I was hoping would be the new choice to use, but when they came in the other day, they aren't a shielded foot lifter...

K.

Attachments

Lifters

Lee, have you had any issues out of the CC-885 vs. the 853's? All my issues were with the 853's, which is why I only use the 885's now. FWIW, CC has a "new" line of lifters out that I was hoping would be the new choice to use, but when they came in the other day, they aren't a shielded foot lifter...

K.

I have yet to install the 885 but will be doing so tomorrow. Car will not run for a few months. So I can't say about the 885. BTW, how do I set the preload (885) on the eng. stand? Have had my share of trouble with 853. If you compare them 885-853 there is a difference. Wonder if the 885 are made by Johnson. May call them up and ask.

I have yet to install the 885 but will be doing so tomorrow. Car will not run for a few months. So I can't say about the 885. BTW, how do I set the preload (885) on the eng. stand? Have had my share of trouble with 853. If you compare them 885-853 there is a difference. Wonder if the 885 are made by Johnson. May call them up and ask.

Lee, I set the 885's @ .005

K.

bump

Any updates?

How do they run?

Are they quiet?

Are the Johnson the same as the 885's?

I am trying a "poor-boy" hyd roller conversion using stock 60 deg V6 chevy lifters and fitted a factory "spider" in my 109....along with factory Chevy dogbones.... I am running near .590 lift on the intake...... cranked my fresh rebuilt motor tonight for the first time...... 65 psi idling with the engine at 130 deg......motor sounds great..... but by 200 deg temp.... my oil pressure is in the ditch... down around 5 - 10 psi.... :mad: :mad:

The stock 60 deg V6 lifter is a shielded foot lifter.... so I wouldn't think it would be hemmoraging......but wonder if the Johnson.... or the 885 lifter body has the oil band at a different height.... or something else different.... that might fix my oil pressure issue.

Not what you want to hear

Any updates?

How do they run?

Are they quiet?

Are the Johnson the same as the 885's?

I am trying a "poor-boy" hyd roller conversion using stock 60 deg V6 chevy lifters and fitted a factory "spider" in my 109....along with factory Chevy dogbones.... I am running near .590 lift on the intake...... cranked my fresh rebuilt motor tonight for the first time...... 65 psi idling with the engine at 130 deg......motor sounds great..... but by 200 deg temp.... my oil pressure is in the ditch... down around 5 - 10 psi.... :mad: :mad:

The stock 60 deg V6 lifter is a shielded foot lifter.... so I wouldn't think it would be hemmoraging......but wonder if the Johnson.... or the 885 lifter body has the oil band at a different height.... or something else different.... that might fix my oil pressure issue.

Good oil pressure when cold but drops off drasticly as oil get hot is a classic case of (a leak) excessive bearing clearance.
On the lifters. Yes they are quiter than the 853--are they the same as the 885--I am not sure. You know Alan has them in his car.

Back