Absolute Best Valve Springs

Redline89

Redline89
Hello,

I Am ordering Valve Springs. Where should I buy them? I only want the BEST! Cottons, Full Throttle , Johns , Racetronix? Joe

What cam? And non of the vendors you list are valve spring MFG...

Just orderd a set from john's will install next week when I get 1077 out of storage, I'll let you know how they work.

Just orderd a set from john's will install next week when I get 1077 out of storage, I'll let you know how they work.

If its a stock cam, they are all the same. The ones from John are fine. Also get some new seals. On a roller or larger HYD cam.. you need special springs.

90 lbs on the seat is plenty. Get to high of a spring, you will wipe out the cam. Also dont use the cups with springs that have dampners.

If its a stock cam, they are all the same. The ones from John are fine. Also get some new seals. On a roller or larger HYD cam.. you need special springs.

90 lbs on the seat is plenty. Get to high of a spring, you will wipe out the cam. Also dont use the cups with springs that have dampners.

I have a stock cam w/56k on the clock. I think the springs Johns Perfomance sells are 100# seated, is that over kill? I just want to bring my top end back! I asked about this last year and didn't get around to it untill now. If I remember correctly a lot of people wer using the ones he sold.

You'll be fine with those.

Lost top end is not always springs.. wish it was. But if your on originals.. its a good place to start.

Razor, OT but what seals do you recomend (brand and part no if possible) for a roller setup using the comp beehive springs? Also both intake and exhaust side valve seals?

Jan,
mine has the teflon seals. I dont know if stock umbrella seals will fit under the beehive springs.

The teflon seals are generic, but the guide on the head has to be machined for them to fit.