AC compressor clutch rattle

GNandTTA

The clutch is making a rattleing noise when the AC is running. Does anyone know what other cars use the TTA compressor. I know it's different than the Buick. I don't know if just changing the clutch will solve the problem.

To the best of my knowledge none use the same clutch assy. The actual clutch shoe, the part you see on the front that does not spin untill you turn on the A/C, is not TTA specific. The pully and bearing assy. are TTA specific. I went through this last summer, it was a B!@#$. You can get a replacement clutch pully bearing assy. (or complete compressor) from a good parts store but they will not look the same as the original. If you think it is just your shoe you can rent a puller from an AutoZone ad take yours off. For some stupid reason Autozone (Here in Kentucky) does not stock the tool to reinstall the shoe so keep that in mind. I had to drive the car to an A/C shop and get them to put mine back on. You can take the shoe off and fire the car up to see if the noise goes away as the shoe does not hold the pully on the compressor.

Brent

Thanks Brent! I think it is just the clutch shoe. It only rattles when you put the A/C on. I'll give it a try.