You can type here any text you want

AC compressor to line set leaking (brand new setup)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
Scratching my head on this one. I have a new compressor, I have a new aftermarket line set. I have new washer seals. I cannot get the damn thing to seal up. Anyone else have issues such as this? If so what did you find out, what did you do to fix it? It almost feels like the line set is not making positive contact with the suction and discharge flange surfaces on either the line set or compressor.

BTW, not cheap parts. Im in the Biz and chose the best parts I could.

Line sets are from Castle, which I believe are made by the parts place

Compressor is a global part, which makes for pretty much everyone.

I had to seek out thicker O rings for the back of the comp,
napa had them , do not remember the PN.

I have also heard you need to crush the sealing washers using 25lb of torque. I didnt realize this. We will see what happens

image.jpg
Also check closely for cracks! Brand new set of lines and found this.

The new compressors come with a few different thickness washer seals. I think there are 3 pieces included with the compressor of which you will need only two? There's only one combination of washer seals that will provide the correct "flat surface" seal.

Chuck, I need to torque the bolt to 25lb and see if I can get vacuum. If that doesnt work Ill give you a PM, I know also as others have stated that there are different thickness of washers that I am willing to try too. Mark, the line set is all good.

Does anyone know the number to those thicker gasket seals on the compressor?Or even the stock ac/delco ones...Dont mean to hi-jack but im doing the same thing..91 yesterday!!!

I know if you google r4 compressor leaking there are TONS of threads out there on different forums stating the same issues. I did see many ac delco part numbers out there for the washer kits.

Thanks,I'll start looking tonight..I just got the dryer,switch,condensor orings,oil,ect..Just reading more on the gaskets for the back of the line..I'll post update once I get the system vac and charged..

I just installed new system on my car and can't get vacuum to hold either and that is the one spot I don't like about the whole new system are the two washers on the back of the compressor!!im using the old hoses. I do t want to throw 134 in there for it to only leak out!! I was gonna look for a fitting to see if I can adapt my engine compression tester to the AC manifold service port. Blow a little compressed air into the system and get some soapy water and investigate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back