You can type here any text you want

AC Delco coil pack, made in China ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mytta49

Hi needed a new coil and decided to go right to the dealer and get an original GM part. I gave them the part number of 12353801 which crossed reference to AC Delco D552. I had to prepay and received it today.
When I got home, the label on the cardboard box said AC Delco and had both the numbers above on it, but in small print it said "Made in China" Even the botton of the cardboard box had chinese writing on it. I called the GM dealer back and he said that Delco is made for GM all over the world and its not returnable unless its defective.
I guess I was nieve and thought that by going with an AC Delco and GM part number, the part would be made in the USA.
Now I have to hope that this one made in China is made without any problems.
ANy comments ?

I could not see why it would be worser if its made in China or Usa...

I think it is like Mcdonalds... same routin in doing the stuff, but just on another place in the world :)

Just for an example... many of our stock parts was done by drunk Mexicans lol.

Daniel

Dude... on the 4th of July, last few years. When they hand out the little American Flag for us to waive it says right on it...

MADE IN CHINA.

The friggin American Flag. For the 4th.

Nuff said.:mad:

Guys,

Don't know how you follow the explosion in China, yes.... they are taking over the world!

Since i work in a port here in Sweden, all we see during these days are import from China and export on special steel.

This special steel are used for electrical engines and every week we export +1000 tons of coils which we stuff in 20 feet containers.

ICA, the biggest grosery chain in Sweden does also import DVD, pools, coffemachines, TV.... and you name it!
All off these containers comes to our port.

It looks like we are happy to have work but these Chinese containers are stuffed by hand and we must strip them by hand!

Everything is coming from China!

But..... that exampel with your flag was the worst thing i've ever heard!

I bought a 100cc four stroke motocross, engine is manufactured under license from Honda, i payed 3000 swedish krona, approx. the same cycle in a motocrosshop is 15000 swedish krona.
But, this was a guy who imported a 40 feet container private and sold them cheap.

Is the PF1218 oil filter still made in USA?

Back