You can type here any text you want

AC Delete Pulley Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ryanv

86 regal t-type
Does anybody have a picture of their car with the ac delete pulley in? I'm trying to put in a ac delete to diagnose a squeaking belt and can't figure it out? I know it sounds stupid but I disconnected the two bolts on the alternator bracket and its not moving. Is there more than 2?

theres 2 more bolts, well one is a stud

you have to slide it off the long stud that's in the aluminum accessory bracket

the flat bracket can be removed but only after you remove ac lines

and if you have a stock location intercooler thats going to get in the way of sliding the compressor off the accessory bracket stud

oh and fyi that gm pic doesnt show the stud or the lower long bolt but be assured they are there

Attachments

• ac-mount.jpg
    ac-mount.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 214
Thank you, from your experience do I have to take off the belt tensioner? I have the two off of the bracket and now I will find the other two. Thanks

the tensioner can stay if you can hold the pulley back as you slide the compressor out , easier to just remove it

Dont forget to put the small spacer to space out the bracket to line up the pulley or you will have to take everything appart again

Maybe the one you have doesnt need a spacer . try it on first to see if the pulley line up.

I recently installed the delete pulley. It lined up fine, but I did have to buy the ...630 belt to replace the factory ...640. I've read where people have said if you're using a shorter belt something is wrong, the pulley isn't lined up and needs to be shimmed/spaced. Not in my case, the alignment was perfect.

I'm hoping that's what I find, I pulled the compressor out and now I'm installing the delete pulley, the one stud isn't fitting threw the pulley bracket so I'm boring it out slightly. My main reason for doing this is not that I don't want ac but to determine where my belt squeak is coming from. I had all the pulley's powder coated so I'm sand blasting off all the paint in the groves and trying this ac delete. What a pain in the a_ _. I have a new converter and turbo I'd rather be working on but the belt squeak is brutally annoying and embarrassing. I'll know by tomorrow if this works or not....

Do you have an exploded view of the intercooler fan? I'm trying to take it off and I can't? Where do you get the images?

I recently installed the delete pulley. It lined up fine, but I did have to buy the ...630 belt to replace the factory ...640. I've read where people have said if you're using a shorter belt something is wrong, the pulley isn't lined up and needs to be shimmed/spaced. Not in my case, the alignment was perfect.

Looks like i'm going to have to buy a shorter belt as well, thanks for the heads up.

Back