You can type here any text you want

Accessory brackets for a on center TA block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

needforspeed150

To many cars and motorcycles
I have been looking for information on what to do if you want to use a TA on center- block on a street car.
From what I have seen you can't use the stock brackets. I can't believe I can't find anything on this. Yes I am aware of the items that are different that go on or in the engine itself. This will be a from scratch engine and couldn't see doing a off- center unless forced. At this point figuring out my options.
Thanks for any info.
Ben

You need a distributor gear spacer and a balancer spacer. The front cover will bolt on unmodified, and all stock accessories will bolt on. TA sells the dist gear spacer. They might sell the balancer spacer now.

I don’t get why ppl are scared of on center blocks . All that is needed as stated is the 2 1/8” spacers . They push out the cam sensor drive gear and the balancer . So u need the odd fire nose style of cam so you can space the cam sensor drive gear . But besides that everything will bolt up as a stock block would . I think if ppl knew it was as simple as 2 spacers they wouldn’t be so scared of runing a on center block .

Yep. Like you say once you realize it just takes a couple spacers and all is good. If you are planning on a complete new build, why not go on center. Seems to me to have advantages. Other than more bucks, and I am planning on spreading that out a little.

If anyone wants these I'm having some laser cut now for myself from 304 stainless and can increase the order.
AG.

My ignorance: What is an on center vs. not on center block? any pictures showing the differences?

I would be interested I'm gathering parts for a T/A block oncenter build

Having 3 more sets made this week.
AG

9095eeb312d10809ab72fb3470b6a187.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back