You can type here any text you want

Actuator arm?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

I have my arm adjusted so I get about 12 psi boost with my boost controller off. When I try to turn up the boost I can only get to about 18 psi, and then it starts to fall to about 15 and floats up and down. Could this be from not having enough tension on the arm? Thanks

Correct. You need tension to be able and keep the puck closed.. if not.. you will have boost issues.

This is why there are HD WG actuators. They feature a more aggressive spring inside the WG can.

I never had an issue with my stock elbow. I could boost all the way up to 25 psi. I never tried higher then that. Now I have a 3" elbow with the Rjc puck. The puck assembly was sticking, so I thought maybe that was part of the problem I put anti seize on it, and it does not stick anymore. I tightened the actuator arm, and with my boost controller off I am now getting just under 15 psi. With it on I can get up to about 20-21 psi, and that is at 75% on the boost controller. When I go to 80% the boost builds up, and then falls to around 15. I also checked to see if the puck was making good contact by taking a thin layer of grease and check the imprint on the turbo. It looks perfect. I might try to boost it with the hose off of the actuator to see if I can get higher boost. What do you think? I am running 110 octane. I'll let off if it goes past 25 or so. Is there any way to tell if I have a HD actuator? I also have a Ta 49 turbo with a Garrett housing. Thanks Dave

Back