Adi Glatz?

I think it funny that all the defenders come out of the woodwork and this is their first and only post.Probably all guys sent here or that have the oil changed on their stock cars because they don't know how.What BS! I have rarely heard a positive comment from most TR owners I meet about this place....most just roll their eyes at the mention of it.

Adi was online yesterday.Look under the feedback forum under a post titled Mease somethin.His user name is blkice.Then do a search to find all his posts and youll see some woman bitching about him too.

Doesnt look like an isolated incedince at all from the posts ive read mentioning Adi:mad:

Sixgun.... I won't speak for anyone else who has responded positively about Adi, but I will respond for me as your last comment was general in nature and directed at a specific group of people, of which I am part. I simply saw the post as I'm getting back into the GN scene and thought that it important for all to know that not everyone has had bad experiences. So far, mine have been great. As to your generalization and assumption that those who have recently posted, and have low post counts, being sent here and unable to wrench their own cars, its simply not true in my case. I've worked on my cars and been in the hi-performance scene for the past 25 years. While I enjoy it and can do most anything, I decided a long time ago that I was willing to pay to have certain things done. The benefits far outweigh the costs for me and my situation as it leaves more time for the family and other interests, including making money, which ultimately pays for everything, including our hobby. You may be in the same position as I, but chose a different path, really does not matter. Either way, it's all good and to each his/her own. No flame intended by this response.
Dan

broke1 - took your advice and reviewed that thread. All I can say is, "you've got to be kidding me?" That thread dealt with someone who has not dealt personally with Adi, and admitted such. It was secondhand info from a boyfriend. Another post in this thread also alludes to never having dealt with him but have heard......
The fine line of character damage and defamation is being pushed by making general comments that are secondhand in nature. It's wrong to mess with someone livelihood based upon hearsay. Again, let the people who have a problem now or in the past act like adults and take the situation on directly instead of finding courage behind a keyboard.
Dan

Everytime I see his name metioned its negative.Im not basing my opinion on that thread alone,id be an idiot.Do a search on Adi or Glatz or Adi Glatz and see what you come up with.

Great, the facts will set you free, let's look at the facts. Believe it or not I've had training there.
You say "everytime you see his name it's negative...". I took your advise and conducted a search. Found more positives and non-specific references to his name than negatives which directly refutes your choice of the word "everytime". The truth is out there, it's called cold hard facts, which appear to be elusive based upon the ill conceived, non-coherent, non-fact based responses I've read. Make no mistake about it, it is apparent from a review of everything you suggested and the verbage chosen by some respondants, that this is based upon perception, not fact. To add insult to injury, that perception is based upon information received secondhand. Sad!!!! I guess I'm in the minority here because I've had direct dealings, which have been good so I will continue the relationship as up to this point it has been mutually beneficial. I will trust him with the GN, M3, Z06 and daily drivers, until he gives me a clear reason I can't, which must be purposely malicious with intent to harm and not a human mistake - which everyone makes.

I'm finished with this thread. I will not be a part of a non-fact based railroading exercise which is conducted largely by people who have not had the nuts to have direct dealings with him, but rather "have heard things".
Dan

Originally posted by Penbrook
Again, let the people who have a problem now or in the past act like adults and take the situation on directly instead of finding courage behind a keyboard.
Dan

adi didnt have the courage to deal with his lie to me over the phone like he said he would, why should i reframe from telling our relatively small comunity how i feel. in my opinion...adi has "sh!t in his dinner bucket," and i hope that people think twice before trusting him with their valuable cars. like i said, when i first dealt with adi he seemed like a very stand up guy who knew his stuff and sstood by his word. that turned out to not be the case. i dont know what the problem was, but i just dont appreciate being blown off. i dont think that seems unreasonable, but that's just me

-jeff

As a matter of fact...I have a $1200 bill from this place that the previuos owner got the day before I bought it.The stuff on there was all fixed by myself.The previous owner was wanting the car to be in good working condition when he sold it.Adi told him it was all good...not so.I had to fix the AC and the terrible stumbling on the highway.The car could not make ANY boost and was just a total DOG.I had to remove a clogged cat and fix some sensors to get it to run right.These were the same problems that were supposed to be fixed.Now...like I said I have not dealt with him personally but maybe that should help clear it up.Also every person that I said mentioned negative were in face to face conversations with me and I know their stories.So I do not beleive I am using hearsay.There are positive stories about him also from the completely stock boys, nobody I know that has a really modded car has spoken well though.Oh and by the way,when my car was all stock I kicked the crap out of some guy that had a "performance build" done there on pump gas to boot.He had heads,turbo all that stuff said he just had it tuned too.

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
Also every person that I said mentioned negative were in face to face conversations with me and I know their stories.

Very well put. Same here.

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
Oh and by the way,when my car was all stock I kicked the crap out of some guy that had a "performance build" done there on pump gas to boot.He had heads,turbo all that stuff said he just had it tuned too. [/B]
Sounds about right my 'Performance Build' could not hold its own against anything ANYTHING.
:mad:

let's look at the facts.

This thread is still alive for a reason.

You cannot convince people that have already been burned. I warn anyone with a pulse to stay away from him/his shop.

Btw Adi (if your reading this) It's me Manny - remember me :mad:

I will trust him with the GN, M3, Z06 and daily drivers, until he gives me a clear reason I can't, which must be purposely malicious with intent to harm and not a human mistake - which everyone makes.
Dan

Thats great.I hope I have not said anything that would lead you to beleive I think he is maliscious.I do not think that a person so well known would intentionally ruin someones car.The man does have people that work for him and I don't know if he even touches the cars there.Quite possibly these may have been isolated incidences where a mechanic that works for the man screwed up.The thing about not having the "nuts" to take my car there....well I never let any shop touch my car,plain and simple.There is a risk in dealing with ANY shop and I won't do it.I hope your experiences continue to be trouble free.

Also I just noticed....none of you "new" guys accept e-mail.Whats up with that?Now who has no nuts?

I have had good experiences with Adi. He has upgraded my 87 GN from stock to mildly modified, fuel pump chip etc. But I have never had any hardcore performance parts or work done there.

I had to deal with a car that came from his shop. Its owner spend thousands at Adi's on rebuilds and "performance upgrades," most which I found to be used stuff. Cam went flat within a few thousand miles. Long story short, it arrived straight to me from Adi's a 16-sec slug that stumbled and knocked like mad. Had lots of wrong parts and very poor tuning.

I was just glad to see the car running well and the owner happy with it after only spending pennies on the dollar with me as what he paid to Adi.

I also know someone who paid top dollar on a car he bought from Adi that was marketed to him as "prestine" and so forth only to find it a mechanical nighmare in need of practically an entire new driveline.

It seems that its not so much those who are well-seasoned and knowledgeable with TB's that have anything to worry about, IMO. Just the new owners looking to have work done. There seem to be many satisfied customers of Adi's as evident by this thread and no shop is perfect. But, as the old saying goes...

"Buyer beware."