You can type here any text you want

Adjustable Drag shocks for the street - any body using them?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

quadzila

I am interested in adjustable shocks and was wondering if anybody have any info on them. good bad or indifferent. thanks in advance

I like my QA1-Rs (single adjustable) in the front of my car. even on 0 setting they feel firmer and more stable than the monroes that were in there.

they weight transfer well too.

I like my QA1-Rs (single adjustable) in the front of my car. even on 0 setting they feel firmer and more stable than the monroes that were in there.

they weight transfer well too.
how easy are they to adjust?

If you get them in properly, you can reach the knobs by finger every time... not sure what is different on one side vs the other Raf?

I can get mine laying down on the side of the car, not even under it.

I have never run mine higher than 3, that was stiff enough for me. The QA1R has a fixed stiff compression setting, with extended rebound settings (up to 90/10)

If you get them in properly, you can reach the knobs by finger every time... not sure what is different on one side vs the other Raf?

I have never run mine higher than 3, that was stiff enough for me. The QA1R has a fixed stiff compression setting, with extended rebound settings (up to 90/10)

I'd have to take a pic. It was just the way the spring ended up. I can barely get my finger tips on the one and the knob is a little stubborn.

ohhh I see. Do you access the knobs through the springs on yours?

I actually remember what I did now... when installing them they only fit through the stock lowers with the knob facing one direction. I actually rotated the body 180° so the knobs point towards the inside of the car if that makes sense. there is more room to get at them back there.

Sorry OP for clouding up this thread a little.

I would say I am extremely happy with my shocks, and would highly recommend them. Either a strange shock or a QA1 should serve you well.

It sounds like the single adjustable work well. I have seen that they make double adjustable and not shore if its needed for the street and at track.

it depends how in depth you want to get. If you have the $$$, why not. I couldn't justify the cost, knowing that I would be running firm compression anyway. My car is mainly geared towards the track though.

It also depends on how much you want to fine tune. I already have more adjustable stuff than I care to mess with and am not too sure on how to make everything work together in unison. I still like my single adjustables though.

i don't need that much adjust ability, just want to be able to switch to a drag race setting with a turn of a knob, thanks guys for your input i appreciate it, Merry Christmas......

Single adjustable shocks increase/decrease both rebound and compression settings at the same time. Double adjustables allow separate rebound and compression settings. Double adjustables on the front would give you the ability to adjust to a drag shock setting (minimum rebound/maximum compression)

i was under the impression that the single adj would give me a 90/10 drag race adjustment as well as a street setting.

i was under the impression that the single adj would give me a 90/10 drag race adjustment as well as a street setting.

Most single adjustable shocks adjust both rebound and compression together, But I was not aware of the "R" series QA1 shocks. They are rebound only adjustable while maintaining a firm compression setting. Looks like those would be exactly what you're looking for.

Back