Advanced Auto parts MAF

Take the cam sensor cap off and check if the screw is loose that holds the metal ring inside.

Blew out of the intake? Do you still have stock valve covers and breathers? The PCV should not see that kind of pressure.

If you stay in the throttle, does it continue to pop. Like pop pop pop pop pop?

Rick
I logged the event last night. I ran the car up to 70 and then floored it. It popped or backfired then stumbled like it was missing. Then i got out of it thinking i was going to damage something. I got alot of knock retard. Just so you know the alky is on 6 and the fuel is set to 150. This only happens under hard load. I am going to attempt to upload the file.

Attachments

• pop2.dat
    76.9 KB · Views: 25
In that case, it's going way rich in boost. The A/F dropped all the way down to 9.0 when the boost came up. It's possible you might have a rich pop. You've got the chip's fuel parameters maxed for some reason. You might try backing the fuel down to see if it cleans up.

In that case, it's going way rich in boost. The A/F dropped all the way down to 9.0 when the boost came up. It's possible you might have a rich pop. You've got the chip's fuel parameters maxed for some reason. You might try backing the fuel down to see if it cleans up.
Eric, how are ya! Thanks for helping. Attached is a run I made with the same settings before I started having issues. I was trying to get my AFR @ 10.80 with the dump open. In my pervious run (top of 3rd gear) the AFR was 11.20 so I bumped the fuel from 146 to 150 and made the run below.

Attachments

• 2150.dat
    73.5 KB · Views: 28
Took fuel and alky out of it last night (alky @5 and fuel at 140) and hit around 65 ......no changes still backfiring out the intake. (it popped the MAP vac line off this time) I was not able to pull pugs and wires last night or check the cam sensor screw but i will tonight. Thanks

Just wanted to update what i found this weekend. My 2 year old LiveWire sparkplug wires are bad. Put a cheap set on from advanced auto and the problem went away. Guess i will try MSD wires next. Thanks everyone for you support.

Texas gn said:
Just wanted to update what i found this weekend. My 2 year old LiveWire sparkplug wires are bad. Put a cheap set on from advanced auto and the problem went away. Guess i will try MSD wires next. Thanks everyone for you support.

That's why I recommended it. I chased the same issue. Did plugs,maf, computer, chip, fuel, ground wired. Ect. Just to find out it was a plug wire